Re: Can I activate the Sim City box on Origin?

by BlackjackWidow

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can I activate the Sim City box on Origin?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have a copy of The Sim City Box (Which included SIm City 4 Deluxe, Sim City Societies and its expansion, and Snap City) as well as all of the activation codes. Is there any way I can activate this on Origin to own the games there?

Message 1 of 2 (944 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero (Retired)

Hi @MyNameIsBetter - If you've had this boxed set for a while and purchased it new & unopened, you may be able to register the games in Origin. See this for more info: Origin - Redeem your product and promotional codes However, those are all legacy games, and Origin may not recognize the promo codes. If it won't take, you'll need to contact EA support and ask them to add to your account. They will probably ask for some kind of purchase verification. **see below for more info

If you bought the boxed set in a used condition, it's likely that the codes were already registered on Origin and therefore would not be transferable to your account. Once a game is registered in Origin, the promo code cannot be sold or transferred to another person's account. If this is the case, I would return the set to the seller and explain that you can't use it.

**Be aware that EA Help support options are temporarily limited due to the current pandemic: https://answers.ea.com/t5/EA-General-Questions/IMPT-Support-Options-Update/m-p/8864042#M334946 Be patient, as there can be a wait time involved, particularly with account issues that need direct contact. Phone support is currently closed, and the live chat can experience longer queue times. English Support hours are reduced to 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m, UTC Monday - Saturday 

You can also contact the team via Facebook or Twitter at any time. 

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (903 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Hi @MyNameIsBetter - If you've had this boxed set for a while and purchased it new & unopened, you may be able to register the games in Origin. See this for more info: Origin - Redeem your product and promotional codes However, those are all legacy games, and Origin may not recognize the promo codes. If it won't take, you'll need to contact EA support and ask them to add to your account. They will probably ask for some kind of purchase verification. **see below for more info

If you bought the boxed set in a used condition, it's likely that the codes were already registered on Origin and therefore would not be transferable to your account. Once a game is registered in Origin, the promo code cannot be sold or transferred to another person's account. If this is the case, I would return the set to the seller and explain that you can't use it.

**Be aware that EA Help support options are temporarily limited due to the current pandemic: https://answers.ea.com/t5/EA-General-Questions/IMPT-Support-Options-Update/m-p/8864042#M334946 Be patient, as there can be a wait time involved, particularly with account issues that need direct contact. Phone support is currently closed, and the live chat can experience longer queue times. English Support hours are reduced to 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m, UTC Monday - Saturday 

You can also contact the team via Facebook or Twitter at any time. 

Message 2 of 2 (904 Views)