Product: Star Wars: Squadrons
Platform:Steam-PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? [edit: email address removed]
Are you playing in VR? Yes
Which VR Platform are you using? Oculus Rift
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Other
Please explain 'Other' All modes of the game
What were you doing when the bug occurred? Step by Step detail is helpful. Either loading up multiplayer or fleet battles. In the middle of practice mode (usually just after switching ships). Or in the middle of a campaign mission or just before the mission ends.
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. Tutorial and multiplayer: Just before I load into my ship. Practice and campaign: While I'm in the ship.
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 10/11/20 (since launch)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Can't play
What happens when the bug occurs? Game crashes and I'm taken to the VR home screen
What do you expect to see? The game
Which ship were you playing? If not applicable, just answer "no" or "none." any
What components were you using? any
Which customizations (if any) were you using? Default and preorder bonus customizations

Game and VR were not running when I ran the DxDiag report.

Message 1 of 7 (606 Views)

Re: constant crashes in VR

EA DICE Team

Hey, @Airdragongamer make sure that all drivers for windows are up to date. 

You can also try to do a clean boot to see if there any programs messing with Star Wars: Squadrons and turn off any overlay programs for example Discord or Nvidia experience.

Worth to reinstall the GPU drivers for your PC.

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic

Message 2 of 7 (544 Views)

★ Guide

Have you already tried the Volumetrics fix?

That has solved several other crash problems.

Setting Volumetrics to low or medium. 

Go to Video, set Graphics Quality to Custom, set Volumetric Quality to Low or Medium.

Message 3 of 7 (530 Views)

★★ Novice

I am also getting frequent crashes in VR. It generally starts with the Kill Cam screen just after death, or when docking during fleet missions. I set "VR Volumetric" to Low as suggested in other crashing reports, but I am still crashing. I hope that a resolution can be found. The game is great, and I love playing in VR, but it is painful to keep crashing out. I am attaching details in case it helps.

Product: Star Wars: Squadrons
Platform: PC/Steam
Please specify your platform model: Alienware Aurora R8
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? LordWulfr
Are you playing in VR? Yes
Which VR Platform are you using? Oculus Quest 2 with Link
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Primarily in Fleet Battle
What were you doing when the bug occurred? Often begins with Kill Cam, but has occurred other times
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. Fleet Battles mostly
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) Most fleet battles, every time I play within a few missions
How often does the bug occur? Every couple of games
How severe is your issue? Serious, crashing causes either a crash to desktop or crash to main menu. The crash to desktop allows me to rejoin if I can get back in fast enough. The crash to main menu causes a leaving penalty applied to my account. Both severely disrupt gameplay.
What happens when the bug occurs? During fleet battle, often beginning with the Kill Cam, the game begins to stutter, low frame rate, displays an hourglass and then crashes out either to desktop or main game menu.
What do you expect to see? Smooth gameplay, no stuttering or crashing.
Which ship were you playing? If not applicable, just answer "no" or "none." All ships.
What components were you using? none
Which customizations (if any) were you using? none

CPU I7-9700k
RAM 48GB
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080

Message 4 of 7 (498 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@LordWulfr Try checking your RAM usage. I was having issues with this until I increased swap space dramatically.
Message 5 of 7 (491 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have 48GB RAM so swap file shouldn't be an issue. I did bump it up though just to be sure.

Message 6 of 7 (467 Views)

★★ Novice

I think I finally found a resolution for my crashing issue by not launching SteamVR. I am using an Oculus Quest 2 with Link cable, so I launch Oculus, then using the virtual desktop launch Steam as if I were at my desktop, then run the game in regular desktop mode. Once in the game go to the VR Settings menu and toggle on VR Mode. This bypasses using Steam VR and allowed me to play several Fleet missions in a row without stuttering or crashing. Hope this helps!

Message 7 of 7 (438 Views)