Re: You don't have access error

by Abhimanyu_1210

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[CLOSED Jan. 2023] "You Don't Have Access" error in EA app for Steam/Epic Games

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Tried to open Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order which I have been playing for months with no problem and all of a sudden it brings up EA with an error saying 

"You don't have access. This title may have been downloaded to your device by another user who owns the game. Log in to a different account or restart the app to try again."

Have tried restarting the app multiple times.  Used app recovery.  Even tried re-downloading the game which I'm afraid to do because I don't want to have to start over but even that won't work and gives me an "Unable to install" error.  I even uninstalled EA app and reinstalled and still doesn't work. 

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 16 (82,214 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hi everyone,

We're locking this thread so that people won't get confused. If you're running into the "You Don't Have Access" error as well when you try to install or launch an EA game that you've bought via Steam or Epic, please take a look at this thread and provide the requested details.

Thanks.

EA_LeeuwAHQ

View in thread

Message 16 of 16 (67,146 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

Same issue for me, only happening today. 

Message 2 of 16 (82,153 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Found another thread similar to this with the solution. Downloaded a free game (Apex) and canceled it shortly after starting and this broke the glitch.  

Message 3 of 16 (82,106 Views)

★★★ Newbie

thanks it worked

Message 4 of 16 (82,054 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you!! this solved my issue of not being able to download any games or access games I already had downloaded. Appreciate you posting the solution! 

Message 5 of 16 (81,847 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes it worked! Thank you!

Message 6 of 16 (81,631 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks a ton, it worked out for me too 🤩

Message 7 of 16 (81,452 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Thanks, I also had this issue in Sims4 - loads of forums advising reinstalling but your trick is only thing that fixed it

Message 8 of 16 (80,851 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@hammysjp It didn't worked for me
Message 9 of 16 (80,275 Views)

★★★ Novice

Didn't work for me either. It keeps giving the same error and the main game is not showing up in my library, though all the add-ons are on the app.

Message 10 of 16 (75,310 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help