Unexpected error (another launcher is already running)

by Rowe_b_wan

Original Post

Unexpected error (another launcher is already running)

★★★ Newbie

I have just purchased Star wars Squadrons from Origin (PC). Brand new gaming laptop, no problems with the compatibility with the game. I am getting the message Unexpected Error (another launcher is already running). What does this mean? If I don't get that message, the game just does not load. If this can't be resolved, I would like a refund/credit. Can you please help instead of sending messages that do not resolve this problem.

Message 1 of 5 (822 Views)

Re: Unexpected error (another launcher is already running)

Community Manager
Hey @Rowe_b_wan,

This error message usually means that a game that is also using Easy Anti Cheat (EAC, that's where this message is from) hasn't been fully closed.

Therefore I would like to ask if it's maybe possible that you were running a different game, that also uses EAC, just before launching this game?
EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 2 of 5 (727 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Me and another player are having the same problem. I have installed it on a laptop and the other person on a high-end PC. Even after running the repair option a couple of times, uninstalling the game, redownloading it and installing it again, the problem persisted.  None of us is running or having any other EA games on our machines. We both have made use of the free offer via epic games.

Please assist.

Message 3 of 5 (496 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thankyou for your reply. No, I don't think that is the case with the EAC, but will check. Is there any other possibility 

Message 4 of 5 (488 Views)

Community Manager

@Rowe_b_wan @medwaygo, heya! Is this for you both related to SW: Squadrons?

EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 5 of 5 (471 Views)