TIE Bomber needs a nerf

by Petersaber

Original Post

Re: TIE Bomber needs a nerf

★★ Guide

the problem is speed for ships are too slow and need a buff or increase to max speed. You shouldnt need to undermind the power of heavy class to out match a bomber.  Most ships should be able to out manuvuer  if not outrun the heavier class ships. nerfing will only decrease your chance to be effective in a bomber run and counter strike capital attackers.

All the problems everyone is jaded by in the play dynamics is due to speed and hull balance. the capital ships need to be buffed and the max speed needs to be incresed by a third to all ships, even heavy. It should take longer to reach max speed and stop.

Message 21 of 39 (744 Views)

★★ Pro

Okay guys, so for the experienced Players are you guys Still asking for Further Nerfs to TIE Bomber, or do you think it is enough. 

If any more Nerfs are needed, I would suggest game play videos to be provided for other Players to analyse your claims.

Message 22 of 39 (700 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Reposter I've got +50 hours and yes - TIE Bomber still needs a small nerf
Message 23 of 39 (671 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Came back after 2 weeks break. Nothing changed. I don't have big hopes for this game.

Message 24 of 39 (666 Views)

★★★ Novice

If there is a problem, its not specific to Tie Bombers - It's with both bombers.

It's insane that with EITHER team, with a bomber, I consistently end matches with as top 1 or 2 in player kills AND capital ship damage. That is nuts (not to mention boring b/c why play other classes?).  Bombers are plenty slow enough that they can't dogfight... but it's not about dogfighting, it's about being able to melt any other class with their chain gun anywhere under 1000m.  

Don't kill the survivability or maneuverability, adjust their insane gun to be less effective against fighters.   

Honestly, I don't think they should be nerfed at all. They aren't really game breaking. Imbalance makes things interesting anyhow. IMO games become bland and uninspired when things are nerfed to a state of "perfect balance" in an attempt to appease every single part of the player base. 

It's like a plain rice-cake... or maybe it's like taking a peperoni pizza - shaving the peperoni into a fine powder and sprinkling it over the whole pizza to ensure every bite has the same amount of peperoni. Or hell, just puree the whole pizza and drink it. Perfectly balanced is like drinking your pizza.  

Message 25 of 39 (650 Views)

★★ Pro

Its good you have experience guys, but it might be more convincing if you have Gameplay vids to help with your claims...

Message 26 of 39 (647 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@ghostmonk000 wrote:

the problem is speed for ships are too slow and need a buff or increase to max speed. You shouldnt need to undermind the power of heavy class to out match a bomber.  Most ships should be able to out manuvuer  if not outrun the heavier class ships. nerfing will only decrease your chance to be effective in a bomber run and counter strike capital attackers.

All the problems everyone is jaded by in the play dynamics is due to speed and hull balance. the capital ships need to be buffed and the max speed needs to be incresed by a third to all ships, even heavy. It should take longer to reach max speed and stop.

Exactly.

The top speed for all ships is so slow that it barely pays out for ships, especially bombers, do anything else besides kamikaze. What else coud they do? as soo as they get wittin weapons range of any enemy ships its basically suicide since they cant outrun their shots and much less maneuver to evade them.

The base speed of all ships is way too slow that it makes maneuvers and even maneuverability mods pointless and suicidal.

Message 27 of 39 (636 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Reposter https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2ZIpoJ0Os8 - first game in that video. The top scores were Bomber, Bomber, Interceptor.

And this was a lazy game, after some beers and dinner
Message 28 of 39 (621 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@ldanceswithcowsl "its not specific to Tie Bombers - It's with both bombers." - TIE Bomber outlasses the Y-Wing in every respect. I rarely see Y-Wings, I constantly see Bombers.

"Bombers are plenty slow enough that they can't dogfight... " - Y-Wing, yes, but TIE-Bomber is easly agile enough to dogfight with.

" They aren't really game breaking. Imbalance makes things interesting anyhow. " - found the Hanzo... I mean TIE-Bomber main!
Message 29 of 39 (620 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Petersaber I feel the imbalance makes it way more satisfying to destroy a TIE/Bomber
Message 30 of 39 (616 Views)