Story Stuck on Jaro Tapal after ilum

by tj171087

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Story Stuck on Jaro Tapal after ilum

★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Summarize your bug After returning from Ilum; on Dathomir, during the fight with Jaro Tapal - after the first QuickTime event the game totally freezes and both characters just stand looking at each other. I can’t do anything.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game.
What happens when the bug occurs? It freezes, and all that you can do is return to the main menu and load it up. Try again, and the bug returns
What do you expect to see? The fight should continue and I should be able to pick up where I am. I can’t progress the story now!

As mentioned above - I no longer am able to progress the story because the game freezes during the fight. I do not want to have to start this again!! 

Message 1 of 27 (2,531 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Story Stuck on Jaro Tapal after ilum

★★★ Novice

Thank you, it was helpful.

I went to Kashyyk, opened all chests(27), meditated at every point, used 2 skill point and then back to Dathomir. 

View in thread

Message 17 of 27 (2,702 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice
Message 2 of 27 (2,510 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@tj171087 Yeah this has been happening to me as well, I even loaded the game back up and went to a different planet but once I returned to this fight it happened again.
Message 3 of 27 (2,397 Views)

★ Novice
@tj171087 I'm having the same problem! I even reinstalled the game and it didn't help. It seems I'm not the only one!
Message 4 of 27 (2,374 Views)

★★ Novice

@Thror_The_Great wrote:
@tj171087I'm having the same problem! I even reinstalled the game and it didn't help. It seems I'm not the only one!

The way I fixed it was by backtracking all the way to the ship, leaving the planet, going to another planet and playing for a bit - collecting chests, using skill points, and eventually going back to him. 

not sure what else I can say other than just play and explore areas? Good luck! 

Message 5 of 27 (2,366 Views)

★ Novice
@tj171087 Hey mate, thanks for the tip! I did as you said and planet hopped for an hour or so and now i can finally progress!
Message 6 of 27 (2,354 Views)

★★ Novice

Glad it helped someone. May the force be with you. 

Message 7 of 27 (2,340 Views)

★★★ Newbie

yeah, finished an entire planet and came back, no luck

Message 8 of 27 (2,267 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

@AbC9180a3921828 can you confirm what platform you are on, and do you have the latest patch (Dec 17) installed?

Message 9 of 27 (2,254 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi, I got the same problem. Leaving the planet, playing on another one and changing meditation points bring no result. I am playing on Ps4 and have the latest patch installed. 

Message 10 of 27 (2,231 Views)