Re: Steam Jedi Fallen Order Won't Start

by SlinkRumble

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice
@SlinkRumble the game should have a steam banner thingie on the icon on Origin, and I did install the game and download it through Origin, after a few attempts installing origin from scratch, from the Steam client, and so on. It was a pain.
Message 31 of 42 (2,750 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@glottis8 Ive gon onto origin and it says I have 0 games in libary
I try to put in a non-origin game, but wtf do I click on
Message 32 of 42 (2,747 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@SlinkRumble na... steam should register your game on to your origin. have you tried restarting your pc after a clean uninstall of Origin, then trying to install origin through steam? maybe then it will let you register your game after a successful login.

On mine, it would just say it would run the game but nothing would open at all. Sometimes i would get the error on the OP.
Message 33 of 42 (2,745 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@SlinkRumble Please keep in mind i really did spend quite a bit of time troubleshooting a way and what finally worked was getting the game to run on Origin and installing it through origin itself... its not ideal.
Message 34 of 42 (2,742 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie
@glottis8 at this point im just going to refund it not working at all and not wanting to delete game a third time and wait another 12 hours to install
Message 35 of 42 (2,736 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@SlinkRumble I don't blame you for that. Sorry you couldn't get it to work.
Message 36 of 42 (2,725 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@glottis8 I got it on xbox and completed it fully but I was looking forward to playing it in 4k
Message 37 of 42 (2,714 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@SlinkRumble It looks nice on PC. not sure how much different it is from the console. Other than a more stable fps.
Message 38 of 42 (2,712 Views)

EA DICE Team

@SlinkRumble 

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble to run Fallen Order on your system.

If you haven't refunded yet, there's still a few things I'd like to try with you to get it up and running:

• When installing via Steam and the Origin login prompts, can you try completely closing Origin and restarting?
  • If that still doesn't work, can you double-check there's no program on your system blocking Origin; e.g. an anti-malware/virus

If you load Origin separately from Steam, but don't see Fallen Order, here's why:

• Your EA account needs to be linked to Steam during the initial installation
  • Until you've successfully linked your accounts, you won't be able to see your Steam purchases in Origin

Please let me know if that helps or if you have any other questions.

Cheers,

Message 39 of 42 (2,619 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@Straatford87 

I'm having similar issues myself. Purchased on Steam, definitely linked to my Origin account (see screenshot). I've tried installing both via Steam and via Origin and I get the same problem:

starwarsjedifallenorder.exe starts, runs for about thirty seconds at about half a gig of memory, then a second instance of starwarsjedifallenorder.exe starts, gets its way up to about half a gig of memory usage. Then the first instance stops, followed by the second one a few seconds later. I've attached a screenshot of this behavior as well as my dxdiag output.

Tried a clean boot and no-go. Drivers are up to date, have downloaded and repaired on both Steam and Origin more than twice each today. 

Is there any other information from my system I can provide to help diagnose this? Do the applications leave logs anywhere? Thanks for your help!

Message 40 of 42 (2,236 Views)