Re: Steam Jedi Fallen Order Won't Start

by glottis8

Original Post

★★ Novice
@glottis8 Good for you. Mines suck in first time setup and doesn't appear on my Origin account.
Message 11 of 42 (5,001 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Here is what I would try if I was you. 

Uninstall Origin completely

Restart your PC

Open Steam and install the game through Steam. This will prompt to install Origin for you

This usually works for most people because the client is installed with the proper things through Steam

IF the game doesn't start check in Origin to make sure the game is there and it has the STEAM tag. 

IF so, then Install the game through Origin and that will probably work as it did for me. 

But before i did all of this I did install the game and let it install Origin first. 

Message 12 of 42 (4,987 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How did you install it on origin even though you bought it on steam?

Message 13 of 42 (4,615 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Wrauce When i open Origin I have a STEAM logo on the game in my Origin Library. This was after I had installed it and tried running it on Steam. So I guess it had to be validated to show on my Origin account first.
Message 14 of 42 (4,595 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@glottis8 Do i have to rebuy the gane on origins
Message 15 of 42 (3,783 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice
@remotea I didn't repurchase it.
Message 16 of 42 (3,772 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@glottis8I have it on steam but cant find it on origin, it saying I have to re buy on origin. when I load game on steam, origin loads but bugs out rapidly

Message 17 of 42 (3,682 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@SlinkRumble That happened to me on my first install. I actually uninstalled Origin, and let Steam setup Origin for me. That helped in that case to have access to the game on Origin. But don't know if any updates since have changed that.
Message 18 of 42 (3,678 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@glottis8 so deleated current Origin, and at least for now when clicked play it didnt spaz out however its asking me to install Origin from the game is that correct?
Message 19 of 42 (3,670 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@SlinkRumble Yes... it will install Origin properly for it to work. That has worked for a lot of other people. It didn't for me. But at least I could run the game from the Origin client at that point.
Message 20 of 42 (3,668 Views)