Steam Jedi Fallen Order Won't Start

by glottis8

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Steam Jedi Fallen Order Won't Start

★★★★★ Novice

I click on Steam it says loading, then Origin sometimes will blink and I get this prompt

Origin is busy with an operation that cannot be interrupted. Please wait until this operation is completed before continuing.

I have restarted my PC, I have the latest plugins, and I have closed Origin to let it boot up through steam, and also opened Origin as an Administrator. Any ideas?
Message 1 of 42 (60,106 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Steam Jedi Fallen Order Won't Start

★★★★★ Novice

To those that have STEAM and try launching the game and it won't start with no error or prompt. I uninstalled Origin a few times and followed some other instructions from the other threads without them working. 

What did work for me was uninstalling the game on Steam, and installing it through Origin. It installed with all the necessary components and after that it worked just fine. Yay!

View in thread

Message 3 of 42 (60,033 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Novice

I ran that dxdiag just in case it helps someone identify if there are any issues there. 

Message 2 of 42 (60,088 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

To those that have STEAM and try launching the game and it won't start with no error or prompt. I uninstalled Origin a few times and followed some other instructions from the other threads without them working. 

What did work for me was uninstalling the game on Steam, and installing it through Origin. It installed with all the necessary components and after that it worked just fine. Yay!

Message 3 of 42 (60,034 Views)

★★ Novice
@glottis8 Like i can install from origin but i buy in steam? I need buy again?
Message 4 of 42 (58,275 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

No. I purchased my game on Steam. The game appears in my origin library. Except the game has this tag for STEAM on the top right of it. I installed it on origin, and have been running it from there and I've had no issues with it whatsoever since. 

Message 5 of 42 (58,262 Views)

★★★ Newbie

but can you still use your steam controller if you launch from Origin?  that's where I'm getting messed up....

Message 6 of 42 (57,209 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I am not using a steam controller. I am just using my X1X controller. 

Have you tried installing through origin and then telling steam where the installation files for it are? Maybe that will work. Steam does not recognize for me is installed, I didn't get time played or achievements displayed on it either. 

Message 7 of 42 (57,048 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Do I keep my progress if I reinstall the game? because I already played 8hours of the game before I first had this issue :/

Message 8 of 42 (53,400 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I would make a copy of your save file and keep in on your desktop and check if Origin and Steam share the same folder as far as the game save data goes. I would think it would be stored. 

Message 9 of 42 (53,303 Views)

★★★ Newbie

okay, thanks Standard smile

Message 10 of 42 (52,939 Views)