StarWars Squadrons constantly crashing

by gstengel

Original Post

Accepted Solution

StarWars Squadrons constantly crashing

★★★ Newbie

I downloaded it from steam and the first mission played fine then it would crash during the cinematic scenes, now its completely random, could be during game play, could be while in a menu, sometimes it happens within seconds of loading. And there is no report, it just stops and i'm back to my home screen. My system should be more than capable. (DxDiag attached)

There are a lot of people with the same problem in the comments on steam, and have come up with the same consensus when googling.  A few forums have mentioned changing various video settings like lower volumetric quality and change screen to borderless, some have had success, I however have not. Any ideas?

Message 1 of 7 (831 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: StarWars Squadrons constantly crashing

Community Manager

HI @gstengel When you get a second can we try the following steps?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (803 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

HI @gstengel When you get a second can we try the following steps?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 7 (804 Views)

★★★ Newbie

System file checker found no corrupt files, and windows and my GPU are up to date. 

I don't have the EA app as I downloaded the game via Steam

Message 3 of 7 (756 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Illium anything else?
Message 4 of 7 (660 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Illium Would love to play the game I paid for, all the searching results in that there is something wrong with the game in EA's end.
Message 5 of 7 (588 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Have you gotten the chance to fix it yet? if so what was your fix cause this is really frustrating 

ive tried installing the EA app but that still doesn't help so that is useless for me

Message 6 of 7 (253 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I FOUND THE FIX FOR MY PROBLEM
if you get to the splash screen and crash its because you tripped the anti cheat likely due to another game like fortnite running the same anti cheat or any game running the same anti cheat what you have to do is go into your star wars squadrons folder by right clicking the game click manage and go into local files and then go into easy anti cheat and click easyanticheat_setup let that run and its complete start up your game and your done

Message 7 of 7 (245 Views)