Star Wars Squadrons won't lauch

by Invigorating

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Star Wars Squadrons won't lauch

★ Novice

Hi there,

I've tried to get star wars squadrons to work for months now, I cannot get the game to lauch I have tried: 

Reinstalling the Software from Both Origin directly, EA Play App Directly, and EpicGames (Nothing helped here)

Moving the install location

Lauching with Admin

Trying combatiblity mode

Checking allowing fully through the firewall

Updating EasyAntiCheat

Turning off Anti-Virus

Trying the going Off and Online

Repairing the game

Removing any RGB software from my PC

Updating Windows

Updating Graphics Drivers

Reinstall the latest Visuals C++ version

Run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe)

Really at a loss here and I'm not sure what else there is for me to do.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 12 (1,239 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Star Wars Squadrons won't lauch

Community Manager

Hi @Invigorating I would try the following

1. Uninstall the Origin client (you can use something like Revo uninstaller)
  2. Close EGS and EA App
  3. Verify you are signed into both clients with the EGS and EA accounts you have linked together
  4. Run both clients as admin
  5. Verify the game in the EGS client (library > Game tile dots > Manage > Verify)
  6. Attempt to launch either and check if the error continues.

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 10 of 12 (931 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
@Invigorating Do you get an error message when attempting to launch it, or does the game never start?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 12 (1,125 Views)

★ Novice

There is no error message.

The Easy Anti Cheat window pops up, blue bar goes across then closes and opens origin.

Message 3 of 12 (1,100 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @Invigorating Thanks for this to confirm have you tried to repair EAC as well? Also, would it be possible to get a DxDiag?

Illium.png

Message 4 of 12 (1,078 Views)

★ Novice

Hi @EA_Illium 

I have done EAC repairs, they'll say that the repair is successful or say it cannot be done, I suspect there is an issue with my EAC.

Message 5 of 12 (1,047 Views)

Community Manager

HI @Invigorating Thanks for this information, can we try the following and check if EAC continues running into issues?

• Run the System File Checker tool then Check for Windows and GPU updates  
  • Repair your VC++ files for Squadrons, you should have the installer in the games install folder under reddist or _installer (if not here are links 2013 and 2015 VC++ Link)
  • Put your device in a Clean Boot then launch the game

Cheers!

Illium.png

Message 6 of 12 (1,014 Views)

★ Novice

I have tired these as well.

Would it be possible to be given a Steam Key instead? I've heard that the steam verison of the game doesn't have this issue? I'm wondering if both Epic and the EA app could be screwing it up some how?

Message 7 of 12 (1,007 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @Invigorating We are unable to exchange games or handle refunds of any kind on Answers HQ. 

Our support can assist with purchases from Origin or EA app clients. If it was purchased from Epic Games you would want to reach out to them to see if they could issue a refund if you want to try to purchase it on Steam. 

Illium.png

Message 8 of 12 (941 Views)

★ Novice

That makes sense.

So i tried lauching Battlefront 2 and appear to be having the same issue. Does that clear up any issues on it?

Message 9 of 12 (936 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @Invigorating I would try the following

1. Uninstall the Origin client (you can use something like Revo uninstaller)
  2. Close EGS and EA App
  3. Verify you are signed into both clients with the EGS and EA accounts you have linked together
  4. Run both clients as admin
  5. Verify the game in the EGS client (library > Game tile dots > Manage > Verify)
  6. Attempt to launch either and check if the error continues.

Illium.png

Message 10 of 12 (932 Views)