Star Wars Squadrons on the new EA App?

by wazburrows

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Star Wars Squadrons on the new EA App?

★★★★★ Newbie

When will SW Squadrons be available on the EA App?  I've got Origin installed but it won't run Squadrons anymore and keeps exiting out.  If I run the EA App instead then it can't find Squadrons in my library so I can't launch from there. I had to uninstall the EA App to stop it from trying to takeover the launch process. I bought the game last week through the Epic game store and have only managed to play for maybe 1 hour. The next time I tried to start it, it wouldn't start.

Message 1 of 4 (1,552 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Star Wars Squadrons on the new EA App?

EA DICE Team
Hi @wazburrows, EA app Is still in beta because not all functions have been added yet as you can see withy buying games outside of EA eco system.

/Atic

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (1,352 Views)

All Replies

Hello there @wazburrows 

The new EA app isn't needed to play the game and origin should be able to launch the game just fine. However, you pointed out that you bought the game on Epic, so you need to have both the origin and Epic app up and running.

Your game also isn't showing up in the EA app because you didn't buy it there. It will only be visible in your Epic library. Since the game is licensed by EA, you will also need to have the origin app activated, otherwise you won't be able to play it.

I hope this will help you out.

Message 2 of 4 (1,515 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thanks for the reply.  So, I can see Squadrons in my Origin client, and it has a tag at the bottom to say that it was bought from the Epic game store.  But I can't see it in the new EA App.  The main reason I wanted to try it from the EA app is that when I had the EA app installed then the Epic launcher would try to run the EA app to have it launch the game, but the game isn't shown there. However, EA has said that all games will migrate over to the EA app over time because the Origin client is being deprecated.

Can you tell me whether I can confirm that the origin app has activated the game, or ar you just saying that the Origin client needs to be the app used to start the game?  If its the latter then I have uninstalled the EA app so that I only have Origin installed but the game still exits while trying to start with no real error message.

Message 3 of 4 (1,498 Views)

EA DICE Team
Hi @wazburrows, EA app Is still in beta because not all functions have been added yet as you can see withy buying games outside of EA eco system.

/Atic
Message 4 of 4 (1,353 Views)