Star Wars Squadrons fails to launch game

by XanderInfinite

Original Post

Star Wars Squadrons fails to launch game

★★★ Newbie

The second time I have ever opened squadrons, it does the preload and then finishes only to disappear and not open the game whatsoever. I have been very frustrated with this after trying a few workarounds that only made a temporary fix.

Safe boot only fixes it temporarily
Integrity of files does nothing via steam

re-install does nothing

Message 1 of 5 (777 Views)

Re: Star Wars Squadrons fails to launch game

EA DICE Team

Hey, @XanderInfinite can you try a clean boot to see if any programs are messing with Star Wars Squadrons and turn off any overlay programs, such as Discord or Nvidia experience.

Can you add a Dxdiag so we can see what hardware and drivers you have? 

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic

Message 2 of 5 (710 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried that and managed to narrow it to this. When my antivirus is set to gaming mode, the game launches properly. It dosnt even need to be disabled. Its odd though, as this is the only game where this has ever been the case.

Message 3 of 5 (696 Views)

EA DICE Team
Recommend poking the support for the Anti-virus company that you have. @XanderInfinite,

Just a quick question and good to know what Anti-virus is it?

/Atic
Message 4 of 5 (550 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@EA_Atic I'm having the same issue I believe. I purchased the game back at launch on Epic Games and was able to play it on my laptop. I recently built a new PC, and now I can't play the game on it. It still launches on my laptop, but not my new PC. I've tried in the EA desktop and Origin apps. I hit launch, and the Easy Anti-Cheat window pops up. The blue bar loads all the way, then sit there for 10-15 seconds before closing and re-opening the EA desktop app. I've looked at every forum post, video, reddit, etc. Nothing is working. My PC specs are not an issue, and I have Windows 11. Not sure what to do at this point, as the game is literally unplayable

Message 5 of 5 (448 Views)