Star Wars™: Squadrons - Update 3.0 Release Notes

by EA_David

Original Post

Re: Star Wars™: Squadrons - Update 3.0 Release Notes

★ Guide

Just wondering...where is this option?

• Added an option for PC users to use forward rendering, potentially improving their VR performance

also... is the skybox resolution adjustable now for VR? 

Thanks

Message 11 of 34 (1,016 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Still no resolution or even acknowledgment of mkb issues.... Smh

Message 12 of 34 (974 Views)

★★ Guide
@Shiranpuri_lol What issues/ you mean VKB rudders? ‘Cause I’ve posted a fix for them weeks ago.
Message 13 of 34 (973 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Hotas One is working fine now on Xbox One without need to have Xbox controller turn on. Great job! New map is awesome. I love new jacket for the Rebels (scums) as well as new upgrades to the starfighters. I have One question doe, did you do something with with the cockpits? All controls appear to be so tiny, or is it just me? 

Message 14 of 34 (967 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Elphaba the two off the top of my head is the leading mouse issue and the mouse wheel throttle bug
Message 15 of 34 (938 Views)

★★★ Novice

no changes in keyboard mouse controls  ....like we already knew it before....
u just lost more PC players

Message 16 of 34 (925 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Add TrackIR support please.

Message 17 of 34 (917 Views)

★★★ Guide

This is an absolutely superb update (with the best yet to come next month). Outstanding work, Motive.

I sincerely hope Squadrons' support will continue past the December update. Like Battlefront II, this game has so much potential. I want to see it fulfilled. Thumbs up

Message 18 of 34 (888 Views)

Champion

Hello there! Party hat

I could play the NEW MAP today.

It is from the campaign story prologue and it is more fun than I expected in Fleet Battle. Standard smile

Both well congested side and opened side oh map are good.

Great addition for the multiplayer game!

Message 19 of 34 (828 Views)

★★★ Novice

Love the update but unfortunately there are still glitches (on PC)

1. Getting black screen when leaving hanger in match.
    • I have experienced this numerous times, various matches, screen goes black, however I am still in game and flying. Can hear everything, but can't see anything due to black screen.  Only thing visible is the loading icon in the lower right hand corner.  After death, vision returns to normal allowing choice of craft.  Was able to make a U-turn and get back into hangar once, vision restored to choose new craft, and able to return to game as normal.  In same match, died again, chose another craft and screen goes black.  Happens again when choosing same craft.  Did not see a pattern as to why seemingly random.
  2. Issue when waiting for Multi-player game to load causing no AI Squadron on opposing forces side.
    • I believe this may be an issue caused when in the customization area waiting for a match to load.  >Example: I choose a match, Random side, then go customize hanger while waiting for match to be found. While customizing my ships, say on the Imperial side, the game will find a match, and take me from the customizing hangar to the ship selection screen again, on the Imperial side, however I am the only one displayed as being present and I only have the option of choosing one ship per type without mods.  When the match finally loads, instead of being in the Imperial fighter that I selected, I am instead in an X-wing, with my human team mates and there is no Imperial AI Squadron.  Only the standard group of Imperial AI fighters, and Cruisers etc.    This seems to happen only when waiting for a match to be created, while in the customization screen on the opposing force from what the match chooses for me.
  3. Issue not being able to select all areas of the targeting wheel
    • I have a HOTAS Logitech X-56, I use the small joysticks for the targeting wheels.  For some reason now I am unable to select the Opposing AI Squadron or my teams Squadron.  I can see the pivoting selector in the center moving to the horizontal but the area is not high lighted.  It will highlight the diagonals, but not the Horizontals.  They remain "Greyed out".  I believe other areas may be "greyed out", but will have to go check on that when i have time.
  4. AI squadrons seem significantly over powered for "my" current skill level
    • This may not be a bug, however I noticed with others, the AI in some matches were as good or much better than some very skilled human players.  Example, I was at level 20, and was completely dominated by an opposing human player at level 395.  Two kills, to their forty.   This is what we were experiencing against the AI squadrons in some matches.  It did not appear to be balanced.  I believe I was the highest ranking team member at the time, and we were completely dominated by the AI squadron. I certainly need more skill, however this was not what I have become accustomed to in games prior to this update.
  5. Matches aren't balanced
    • Skill levels in matches aren't evenly/fairly balanced.  We are repeatedly placed against opposing players with significantly different skill levels, as stated above. (Level 20 vs Level 395)   This could easily be addressed by only allowing matches to be fought in tiers.  A line of code to determine whom can fight against whom based upon an experience margin.  I thought this was already setup in game, but it does not appear to be the case.  Allowing too much domination, does not allow for a fun game for either side.

Thanks again for the update, and the game in general can't wait to see more!

Message 20 of 34 (803 Views)