Squadrons fails to launch - Crashdump found (Solved)

by wazburrows

Original Post

Squadrons fails to launch - Crashdump found (Solved)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Although I've solved this problem for myself, I still went ahead and finished my post because it could be helpfile for others with the Squadrons crashing problem.

I downloaded and ran Squadrons for the first time the other day and was able to play for an hour or so. But now it no longer starts and crashes back to the desktop. A mini dump file is created <userhome>\Documents\STAR WARS Squadrons\CrashDumps each time I try to run it, and when I open them in Visual Studio the exception code it failed with is 0x887A0022.  Sometimes (1 in 5) it will fail with the exception code 0xC0000005 instead and the exception information in the mini dump is "the thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access".  I have tried the "clearing the cache" steps, confirmed that all of the Squadrons and Easy Anti Cheat binaries are excluded by my firewall, tried launching it from Geforce experience, tried rerunning the EasyAntiCheat setup and many other of the suggestions from these threads

I was finally able to get it working by following this suggestion from m00nm4n777 for a similar problem with Battlefront 2.

"Nvidia cards:
    - Go into Nvidia Control Panel, on the Adjust Desktop Size and Position page, under "Perform Scaling on Display", change "Aspect Ratio" to "No Scaling"."

After setting it to "no scaling" i was able to run Squadrons.

There was also this suggestion from triaxis_1 that worked for him/her for Battlefront 2, but I didn't need to try it myself since m00nm4n777's fix worked for me.

"after browsing through the crash dumps in visual studio i figured that the error code has something to do with writing data. After some trial and error i came to a solution.
    In the Samsung Magician Software (i'm running an evo 840 SSD)  i changed the OS Optimization settings from "Maximum reliability" to "Maximum performance". Since then i'm able to play again!"

Message 1 of 2 (518 Views)

Re: Squadrons fails to launch - Crashdump found (Solved)

Community Manager

@wazburrows 

Great, thanks for posting the fixes/workarounds that helped you.

barry.png
Message 2 of 2 (474 Views)