Re: Squadrons customise mouse/keyboard yaw<>roll

by BSlickMusic

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Squadrons customise mouse/keyboard yaw<>roll

★★ Novice

@EA_Straatford @EA_Atic 
Could you just give a straight answer as to whether EA plans to change it so that we can put yaw on AD and roll on mouse left/right - any time between now (January 2021) and, say, 2023? I'm not looking for a guarantee, just a good faith answer as to whether that change is planned or whether it has been rejected and is not on the list of changes to do.

I've got maybe a week to refund, if I decide to; this way I can make a fair decision as to whether or not to refund (I don't want to, but I may have to).

Message 1 of 6 (9,425 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

Thank you so much @EA_Atic for answering me straight. I really appreciate it, and just in time (the deadline is tomorrow). I'll give it some thought and make the call. 

Thanks again.

James

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (9,266 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie
@BaliJamesCC I got sick of waiting and just had it refunded, advise you do the same. Be able to buy it back much cheaper down the line when (IF) they ever fix it. Just absurd they ever thought pairing Yaw with Pitch was a thing, let alone locking it like that.
Message 2 of 6 (9,364 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @BaliJamesCC  sorry to say but I'm not aware of any plans to change the yaw<>roll settings for Squadrons. 

/Atic 

Message 3 of 6 (9,270 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you so much @EA_Atic for answering me straight. I really appreciate it, and just in time (the deadline is tomorrow). I'll give it some thought and make the call. 

Thanks again.

James

Message 4 of 6 (9,267 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What a really dumb limitation, now for anyone who plays other flight games and has proper keybind/mouse settings (A,D = Yaw - Mouse Left/Right = Roll) has to rewire their brain every time they want to play this game. A total unnecessary oversight that could make the game unplayable for a good chunk of people. And of course EA being EA they have no plans to correct the issue.

Message 5 of 6 (9,124 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Sorry for the late reply, but I have come up with a solution to fix this problem; if you feel like trying to play the game again, here is how to get the mouse to work like this!

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsSquadrons/comments/xm4a8o/mouse_pitchyaw_fix_horrible_mouse_rebind_...

Message 6 of 6 (922 Views)