Re: Squadrons Won't Launch (EA Desktop)

by EA_Atic

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Squadrons Won't Launch (EA Desktop)

★★★ Newbie

I downloaded Squadrons on the EA Desktop launcher through GamePass and it never boots. The Easy AntiCheat screen shows up then it just goes away and the game doesn't launch. I tried to see if I could verify the game's files through Origin (since that's a missing feature from EA Desktop) and the game didn't even show up in my library. I've tried launching the game through the Xbox app on my PC as well as opening the .exe file in my file manager and I'd still have the same issue.

Message 1 of 6 (12,841 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA DICE Team

Hey, @Xenos_XN can you try a clean boot to see if any programs are messing with Squadrons and turn off any overlay programs, such as Discord or Nvidia experience.

Can you add a Dxdiag so we can see what hardware and drivers you have? 

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (12,694 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

Hey, @Xenos_XN can you try a clean boot to see if any programs are messing with Squadrons and turn off any overlay programs, such as Discord or Nvidia experience.

Can you add a Dxdiag so we can see what hardware and drivers you have? 

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic

Message 2 of 6 (12,695 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@EA_Atic  Hi I'm having the same problem but when I create a fresh new admin profile in windows and run it there, it works fine, but on my main windows account it won't work I closed out the GeForce experience overlay but I didn't close the application its self. in the attachment below I put what is running in my system tray when I try to launch it,

Message 3 of 6 (6,214 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i am having same issue, what do you mean create a fresh new admin profile? and how do you do that?

Message 4 of 6 (2,449 Views)

★★★★ Novice

not saying this is a solution, but i was having the same issue with easy anticheat loading then game dropping, so i made another windows user and that fixed, now, i noticed on the new user, the one drive was active whereas on the previous user it was not.  Upon reloaded one drive to the user that had the problem the game worked fine.  Just a heads up if you have one drive disabled for whatever reason this might be the issue.

Best of luck

Message 5 of 6 (2,401 Views)

EA DICE Team
Hi @Nejaa_H_thefirst, Thanks for sharing! Standard smile

/Atic

Message 6 of 6 (2,141 Views)