SWBF won't work while logged in Origin

by Detuk

Original Post

SWBF won't work while logged in Origin

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Have been quite a while since I had this much problems with a PC-game.

I have a Asus ROG G771JT

- Intel® Core™ i7-4720HQ
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX970M
- 8Gb Ram

- 1TB HDD + 128Gb SSD. (I have both Origin and Star Wars Battlefront installed on the SSD)

- Windows 10

When I start the game, while logged into origin, the main menu is awfully slow (transistion when moving mouse over for example multiplayer takes several seconds). When entering a map the loading takes several minutes and when loaded the games lags so much that the game is unplayable (the tutorial took aprox five minutes to load, and when loaded nothing happened when I moved the mouse or pressed any button) .

BUT if I logg off Origin (in application) and start the game, it works great! I can play the single missions without any problems what so ever. If I then try to logg into the EA-account from within the game I get the same problem with Everything working in turtle-speed.

I have updated all the drivers, reinstalled  both Origin and the game, tried to turn off Bitdefender (both firewall and AV), even tried to unistall Bitdefender. I have let the GeForce experince set the settings for the game. I have choosed that the game should use the GPU in the 3D-settings in the Nvidia Control panel.

Anyone have any suggestion on how to fix this or should I wait it out and hope for Dice/EA to fix this at some Point or Another?

Message 1 of 3 (1,142 Views)

Re: SWBF won't work while logged in Origin

★★ Novice

Can you tell me how are you exactly starting the game without being logged in origin ??? Cause I cant start it if i am logged out of origin ???

Message 2 of 3 (1,122 Views)

Re: SWBF won't work while logged in Origin

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Well, I start Origin, in top left corner I press Origin - then I choose "Go offline". After that I start SWBF from within Origin. Don't think I can say much more than that Wink

And then of course I can only play solo missions and don't have access to anything connected to my EA-account.

Message 3 of 3 (1,089 Views)