Re: Ranked Fleet Battle Server Bug?/Galactic Ace Grind Question

by PowerPaladin541

Original Post

Ranked Fleet Battle Server Bug?/Galactic Ace Grind Question

★★★ Novice

Hey @EA_Atic or @EA_Leeuw,

I play on console, and have a couple of questions regarding getting the helmets that are unlockable via Ranked Fleet Battles SR Points. I started playing on Star Wars day, and reached Valiant 2 after bouncing around in the queue and lucking into some nice matches, so I've got the bronze helmets unlocked. However, I seem to have a reached a pretty hard upper limit in the grind where either my queue times out at 10 minutes because it couldn't find any matches (I try to play at peak times) or I run into this "Match Administrator Error" that kicks me out of the lobby and steals 50 SR from me every time it happens. I also got a leaver penalty after this happened a few times in a row one night, so that's a huge bummer because now the queue times are egregious for RFB and I have to waste my time in dogfight trying to get rid of it. It looks like the chances of me grinding out the Legend rank helmets are out of the question for this season at this rate.

The whole thing seems like a "house always wins" situation. I've looked around on the subreddit and a few discords, and it seems like getting either the silver or gold helmets is more based on how lucky you are and whether you literally spend every day on the game trying to beat the bad queue and the server kicks (especially for gold).

Is there any way to change this?

Also, does at least part of my rank progress from this operation carry over into the next operation? Do I get to start at the rank I reached or even 1-2 tiers below that? I noticed I couldn't drop below Valiant 1. Would I stay at Valiant 1 for the next operation?

I just don't see how anybody could unlock all of the helmets. The one reddit post I found was how this dude practically never slept and only barely eeked out getting the points at the end. I can't fathom why it would have to be that time-consuming.

Any help, answers, and changes are appreciated!

Message 1 of 11 (950 Views)

★ Guide
@ZaGaGaming The 50 SR loss is meant as a punishment for "leavers," but with the game being less populated and the servers being less than great, it should just be gotten rid of altogether, imo.

I also honestly wouldn't recommend it unless you have a 5-stack of world-class players backing you up for every match. Also, when you hit Legend, the SR Points you actually get on a win are pitiful, and if you do hit a Match Administrator Error at the end of the night, your progress for that day could be completely wiped out. Sometimes, Legends only gain 1 SR point per win. Frown

No, your progress doesn't carry over, and they might as well change that, too. You start back at the very beginning, doing 10 more placement matches once this current op is over in the next 15--wait, sorry, LOL, 16 days! The operation countdown timer is bugged, so there's an extra unlisted 24 hours in every operation. It's been that way since launch and it never got fixed.

The saddest news of all: this won't change. They haven't even told us that they're looking into even talking to somebody to get these problems fixed for us. They have "no planned fixes." EA just can't be bothered, but it's fine! You got it on sale for 25% of the price, right?
Message 2 of 11 (859 Views)

★★★ Novice
@PowerPaladin541 Wtf really? I just sent them an email earlier too because this grinding * sucks. I played for like five hours yesterday just to drop back down to the beginning of valiant. Why the hell should I even play then if EA won’t get their * un-broke and I’m not about to * start all the way over at hotshot or some * in the next one. I won a lot of those 10 matches too and I got a low placement. Somebody had better answer for this or I’m just going to get a refund if they’ll even * let me.
Message 3 of 11 (848 Views)

★ Guide
@ZaGaGaming Friend, I feel you. I really do. We've been asking for help for over a year and a half now. I understand why you want to quit. It's a dumb situation. I've told them that the whole situation is dumb numerous times. Nobody has told me that they're working on anything to make it better. I'm sorry you feel ripped off. I would, too.
Message 4 of 11 (839 Views)

★★★ Novice
@PowerPaladin541 Okay so I went around the forums and yeah this is * jank. I saw where they officially said no more updates but there are so many bugs and * and I just finished talking with a live chat person who said they were trying to get somebody to actually fix things and that they were going to report the bugs and the unanswered forum posts and stuff. She also told me to tweet at the @EA handle? Idk wtf thats gonna do. I’ll eat my hat if I get a response because I don’t use Twitter.
Message 5 of 11 (829 Views)

★ Guide
Message 6 of 11 (820 Views)

★★★ Novice
Message 7 of 11 (814 Views)

★★★ Novice

can any of the mods explain this or themselves? like, bruh…they don’t reply here, their live people send you to Twitter because they can’t do anything, the people on Twitter reply with a different account and send you to the website that has nothing to do with their games 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣 smh wtf did I even buy?53A6D9A3-EBA9-4137-90CF-5D26D4FAA5D2.png75FFEF83-8062-4A36-B38D-3327F9FB2304.jpeg

Message 8 of 11 (786 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Atic & @EA_Leeuw to the mods who never bothered to answer me: I'm just gonna uninstall the game and get a refund if nobody's going to be fixing this. not worth the frustration or my time.

dumb that unlocking things is largely dependent on lucking into working servers, lucking into decent randoms, or literally having you and 4 other people devote all of your waking lives to a queue.

Message 9 of 11 (744 Views)

★ Guide
Message 10 of 11 (709 Views)