Re: Please reduce match dropout rate by removing level display,remove win dailie

by PowerPaladin541

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Please reduce match dropout rate by removing level display,remove win dailies...

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

As most of you know, pilots dropping out of multiplayer matches (both unranked or ranked) is highly annoying, as it often ruins the enjoyment of the match for their teammates.

Here are a few ideas I feel could improve things and encourage players to complete matches more:

1. Remove Display of level of other players in the match.
I see so many people drop out of multiplayer matches (unranked and ranked) when they see that they are up against a bunch of higher level players and grouped with a bunch of low level players (even before they actually try if they can beat them).

To solve that, it would be good if Motive removed the level display for other players. That way, people wouldn't know what level the other players are. Also, this would remove the unfair practice of teams targeting players by their level and "bullying" them into quitting because of it.

2. Adjust Daily Challenges.
There are various daily challenges that are hard to complete (especially with matchmaking times being high) and can lead to frustration. While one can swap out two challenges a day, there are various issues with that, too.

2.a. Change all "Win" requirements for daily challenges to "Complete match".
It would be good if the Daily Challenges of "Win X Matches as <faction>" would be removed or replaced with "Complete X matches as faction". It's highly frustrating if you have a "Win X matches as faction" daily and you lose all the time due to the team being outgunned (and possibly even outnumbered due to many others quitting). Many players seem to leave matches where they feel they don't stand a chance of winning if they have these "Win X matches" quests, as they may feel them playing the match is a "waste of time". If the requirement was "Complete X Matches" instead, these players would be motivated to stick around, even if they get steamrolled.

2.b. Make assists count towards "Destroy" Daily Challenges
It would also help if the "Destroy X" (starfighters, capital ship components, capital ships etc.) daily challenges would be changed to "Destroy X or assist in their Destruction" so assists would also count towards them in addition to kills. It's really frustrating for players when they have "Destroy" daily quests they can't complete because other teammates "steal their kills", even though they get tons of assists or deal damage towards capital ship components/ships but don't and thus can't complete them.

2.c. Replacing a daily challenge should never lead to the same type of challenge
It's very annoying if you use one (or two) of your two precious challenge replacement tokens to replace a challenge you can't complete due to circumstances and you get the same challenge (often even with a higher required number). This alone can keep people from even queing up for a match for that day. It should be tweaked so you never get a replacement challenge of the same type.
Alternatively, change the replacement process so people can freely pick any daily challenge when replacing one.

Do you have other ideas that could encourage players to remain in matches? Feel free to share them here!

Message 1 of 7 (10,268 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Please reduce match dropout rate by removing level display,remove win dailie

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there @Cave_Waverider Sorry for the late reply. Thank you for taking the time to write this amazing post. Thank you for your feedback, I'll pass this on to the team🦾

Joz.png
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey! If a post Answered your question, please click on Accept as Solution.
Thank players and help them 'Level Up' by giving them XP.
Want to learn more on how to level-up and become a Hero for the AHQ? Learn more about it here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/help/faqpage#ranks
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (10,062 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there @Cave_Waverider Sorry for the late reply. Thank you for taking the time to write this amazing post. Thank you for your feedback, I'll pass this on to the team🦾

Joz.png
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey! If a post Answered your question, please click on Accept as Solution.
Thank players and help them 'Level Up' by giving them XP.
Want to learn more on how to level-up and become a Hero for the AHQ? Learn more about it here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/help/faqpage#ranks
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 7 (10,063 Views)

★★★★ Novice

LOL hes going to pass it on to a team that does not exist. Gotta love EA.

Already been stated the last patch for this game was on May 6th.

Credits have already rolled for this game..

MOVE ALONG!

Message 3 of 7 (8,819 Views)

★★ Pro

No more balance changes is true, but are there other bug fixes for this game and prevention of hacking?

Message 4 of 7 (8,794 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Is anyone having issues with the game kicking you to the main screen after 5 minute or so multiplayer?

I got to play 4 matches and now I can't complete another and I'm getting Leaver Penalties.

Can someone PLEASE help me?

No error messages, no connectivity issues, nothing! 

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling game and now trying to move application from extended storage to system storage. Not sure if It'll work.

Message 5 of 7 (6,643 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Remarkably, moving the game to system storage worked for at least one game. We'll see if I have the problem again.

Message 6 of 7 (6,638 Views)

★ Guide
@Cry4dawn Nailed it! Ian (Creative Director) answered my question about who this is all getting passed along to on Twitter.

Quote: "I’ll look into it. Probably just someone new who isn’t aware that the game no longer has a dedicated team/updates. Thanks for the heads up!"
Message 7 of 7 (4,951 Views)