Pinballing has destroyed the balance of Fleet Battles

by Edairman198526

Original Post

Re: Pinballing has destroyed the balance of Fleet Battles

★ Novice

o is that what its called, Pinballing. everytime i seem to get aim at a person he boost off and turns and while im shooting this whole time he  matrix his way and i cant seem to hit him.,. i call bs but you're right they shouldnt be able to do that. 

Message 11 of 17 (1,183 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Double_Wamme the targeting is either too slow to track or simply it is an exploit. I suggested a complete power failure to the pinballers so that when the game mechanics detect such abuse of power management, completely reset the power to 0% and cause them to drift.
Message 12 of 17 (1,163 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

They should just remove drifting altogether.

Message 13 of 17 (923 Views)

★★★ Guide
@SandyBellinger it's a good mechanic, but it's being abused by PC players with state-of-the-art HOTAS, and by a few console players (high level stackers).
Message 14 of 17 (907 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@Edairman198526, you don't need a HOTAS (which you can use on consoles as well, by the way) to "pinball" around. It's just as easy on a controller.

The mechanic isn't all that good either, since the server often can't cope with it.
It may not even be such a big issue when both the player that does it and the player that is trying to shoot her or him has a good, steady, low-latency connection to the server as you can still hit them fine with some good aim and predicting their path (although it still isn't ideal), but since the server loses sync, they appear elsewhere on your screen than where they are to the server (or themselves) and you can't hit/damage them (even if you seem to hit them on your screen).

For example, if I play against other players in my region that have a good connection (for example in private matches with my friends which I usually do these days except when I need to finish a Operation Challenge), pinballing isn't such a big problem as I can still hit them decently enough and the NPC ships can also still hit them well enough, but if I play either on a server that's far away or with players from far away regions (Asia-Pacific players and servers seem to be the worst in this regard to me, followed by American players), it's pretty much impossible to hit them at all.

That said, I myself don't really engage in the "pinballing" or "boost skipping" mechanics and have a disdain for them as it doesn't feel immersive in a Star Wars setting to me. I'd rather see the whole boosting mechanic removed and general fighter speed improved, but I guess that ship has long sailed.

One thing we can do is to lead by example and just not (ab-)use this mechanic. My philosophy is to show that we can do well even without doing doing so and I often best such "pinballers" without stooping to their level. I feel it's a better idea than screwing your teammates and quitting out of every match that you happen to be on the losing side of, by the way. Wink

Message 15 of 17 (816 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Cave_Waverider don't even start...You are just another broken New Republic hack that plays with 2 different accounts. I have seen you around with an account that's over level 100 and another one which is level 20+. Enough with the personal attacks 'cause I don't go to your posts attacking you or any of your toxic NR sweats. Respect my opinion, and if you don't like it then don't reply to my posts.
Message 16 of 17 (811 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@Edairman198526, your cluelessness colored by prejudice is always amusing.

You do realize that there is no cross-progression in Star Wars Squadrons between Xbox, Playstation and PC (and even there on different storefronts) right, even if you use the same EA Account? This means that when one plays on the Xbox, PC or Playstation one has different levels even when they are all linked to the same EA Account.

I myself play on Xbox (previously One, now Series X), PC (where I play on Origin/EA Play when I have EA Play active, otherwise on Steam where I own the game and even those don't share the same progression) and sometimes Playstation 4 when I'm at my brother's place (until I'll finally manage to get my hands on a PS5 at MSRP, that is, in which case I'll play on Playstation more as well). Thus I have different levels. Usually during times where I haven't finished the Operation Challenges yet I will often switch from one platform to the next once I've finished the Daily Challenges on one. Otherwise I'll stay on one platform at a time, depending on which is most convenient or whether I want to play in VR or not. I don't know how that makes me a "hack" as you called me.

I wish EA would have made this game not only crossplay, but also cross-progression on all platforms. Alas, I have to re-grind everything and unlock everything anew on every platform I play on. I'd prefer to be able to continue on each platform where I left off otherwise.

Also, why do you think I play only Republic? I play both Empire and New Republic equally, depending on my mood or what the Daily Challenges require. I'd say I play both equally well (or badly), too. Why do you assume I play only one side or the other?
Heck, we were both in the same matches multiple times (even recently!) where we were both teammates on the Imperial side, so you should know that I fly on the Imperial side as well (but I guess you wouldn't have noticed since you quit all of the ones we were trailing in - some of which we managed to still win, by the way, no thanks to you).
Although we were also matched in some matches where we were both Republic side, you quit out of them in the lobby, so I don't know if you ever actually play Republic side at all or if you just get matched by mistake, sorry.

I'm stating this because virtually all I seem to see you do on forums (and not only for Star Wars Squadrons, but other Star Wars games as well) is complain about PC players and Republic/Rebel players/faction being overpowered "broken hacks" when you seem to have no clue what you are babbling about and you don't listen to reason when people that actually do due to them playing on multiple platforms including console(s) and PC and/or playing both factions will try to explain it to you. I thought it may be good for other players to see what kind of destructive player you actually are (although whoever has had the misfortune of being matched with you has probably already known anyway) - the one that quits out of matches leaving their teammates hanging out to dry whenever they're losing or something else doesn't go their way for whatever reason - which may just serve as an indicator to take the content of your posts with a grain of salt.

Message 17 of 17 (806 Views)