PC VR Launching

by Palendrone

Original Post

Re: PC VR Launching

★ Guide
@SILENCE_UK No I don't believe it is. I have searched for it many times. I just checked again.

Sigh... Im wondering if I should return my copy that I purchased off Steam. I would rather not have that heavy Steam client open while I run this. Its just one more thing I have to have open. I would rather just have the Oculus Client open.
Message 21 of 33 (1,593 Views)

★ Guide

OK, I went ahead and made the decision to return my Steam copy and repurchase the game on Origin.

I would much rather open the game and have the Oculus client running in the background for My Oculus S.

I have a hunch it will run much smoother that way.

Message 22 of 33 (1,580 Views)

★ Guide
@CA1-PAINLESS Yeah I'm doing the same. Don't like how SteamVR runs on my Quest.
Message 23 of 33 (1,563 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I can't wait to play Squadrons in VR once my HP Reverb G2 Windows Mixed Reality Headset arrives! I hope Squadrons will work with it without a hitch.

Message 24 of 33 (1,544 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I preordered Squadrons on Origin, I don't have VR for now, but I plan to buy it. Am I right to choose original for EA  Origin Platform from VR point of view?

Is it possible to add Originn Squadrons as a non-Steam to Steam client and play VR if ORIGIN will not support  my VR ? 

Message 25 of 33 (1,448 Views)

★ Guide

@deniskamir wrote:

I preordered Squadrons on Origin, I don't have VR for now, but I plan to buy it. Am I right to choose original for EA  Origin Platform from VR point of view?

Is it possible to add Originn Squadrons as a non-Steam to Steam client and play VR if ORIGIN will not support  my VR ? 

Deniska,

It depends on which VR system you get. If you get an Oculus Risft S for instance, you can get it on Origin, and then, First Launch the Oculus app and have it run in the background, and then Launch Squadrons, and then enable the VR option in game, and it should then work. 

I dont think you can add a steam copy of Squadrons, into Origin however. Im guessing you would need to buy it through Origin to have it there.. 

Message 26 of 33 (1,388 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@Straatford87 I tried this (with my Oculus Rift) with and without Steam VR active in the background.

I start the game, go to options and click "toggle VR".

In my headset a squadrons screen pops up (with no dialog) for like 2 seconds, then the whole game stops and I am back in windows.

I got the game with my gold membership in the EA origin store.

What do I have to do, to get VR running?

Message 27 of 33 (1,340 Views)

★★ Novice
@Palendrone Yes works
Message 28 of 33 (1,320 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I'm confused.. I have an oculus quest + link. I installed origin, and bought squadrons. Do I now need to install and have steamvr running in order to play the origin game?

Message 29 of 33 (1,161 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@lord_chucknuts Yes
You need a steam account AND the client to run in the background to use steamvr
Message 30 of 33 (1,133 Views)