Re: No code given with Epic Games purchase

by EA_Atic

Original Post

Accepted Solution

No code given with Epic Games purchase

★★ Novice

To keep it simple, I bought JFO on Epic Games. Then, when It wants me to sign in with Origin, it asks me for the product code. Epic Games gave me no product code. The receipt doesn't have it either.

Message 1 of 10 (3,636 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

You dont receive a product code. We had an issues few days ago when it asked for a code has now been resolved. @AdamfBuchanan

/Atic

View in thread

Message 4 of 10 (2,935 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

Click "install",then Epic will install Origin and conect to your EA account.

Message 2 of 10 (3,550 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

This reply doesn't answer the question at all. I have the same issue. When 'install' is clicked all Epic Games does is direct me to the Origin app, which then says 'unidentified game' and needs a product Code. I have no email receipt, no product Code, and no way of finding out any info because the epic games app is so F$^kn useless at give any info. 

Message 3 of 10 (3,070 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

You dont receive a product code. We had an issues few days ago when it asked for a code has now been resolved. @AdamfBuchanan

/Atic

Message 4 of 10 (2,936 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@curzondaxx For me, if you CANCEL out of the window asking for a code then install the game from the EA Origin Client (NOT the Epic Client) , then it works.
The game purchased on EPIC eventually makes its way to the EA Origin Client. The game has a small banner showing that it was purchased from EPIC.
Message 5 of 10 (2,540 Views)

★★★ Newbie

When will this be fixed I bought battle field and have no way of receiving a "product code"

Message 6 of 10 (2,037 Views)

EA DICE Team
Hi @fastervette01, try clearing the Origin cache https://help.ea.com/nz/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

That should help out.

/Atic

Message 7 of 10 (1,886 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I bought FIFA 23 today and I am also having the same problem, can anyone help me with this

Message 8 of 10 (1,087 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem, but wth the NFS Unbound

Message 9 of 10 (1,032 Views)

EA DICE Team
This is on the older side of time, I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

If you have any issues with Origin, please make a new topic about your problems and what kind of steps you have tried to solve them.

/Atic
Message 10 of 10 (852 Views)