★★★★★ Newbie

Product: Star Wars: Squadrons
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Raethan03
Are you playing in VR? No
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Other
Please explain 'Other' Story mode, mission 9
What were you doing when the bug occurred? Step by Step detail is helpful. I was playing squadrons, Discord on another desktop. I successfully got through the talking part of dialogues with NPCs and the briefing. Once the flying and fighting was about to start, the bug happened.
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. Story mode, mission 9
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 05.02.22 16:00
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Can't play
What happens when the bug occurs? There is only black screen with loading square in the corner.
What do you expect to see? I expected to see a space flight and battlefield and inside of my ship.
Which ship were you playing? If not applicable, just answer "no" or "none." TIE Interceptor
What components were you using? standard ones
Which customizations (if any) were you using? none

Hello,

I know this was officially solved about a year ago in this thread but the bug continues for me. I am running it on Linux using proton engine (version: proton experimental), so I can't download DxDiag. This bug happened a few times already, I always restarted the game and tried again. The bug happened all the times.

Message 1 of 7 (2,253 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Re: Mission 9 - infinite loading yet again

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @Raethan03,

Unfortunately, the game has no official Linux support.
Please see the system requirements page for SW: Squadrons for more information: https://www.origin.com/store/star-wars/star-wars-squadrons#store-page-section-requirements.

Thanks.

EA_LeeuwAHQ

View in thread

Message 3 of 7 (2,147 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice
@Raethan03 I am having this issue as well. I had the issue a year ago as well, and it got to the point where I just uninstalled the game. Finally decided to try and come back, but the issue still exists.
Message 2 of 7 (2,217 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @Raethan03,

Unfortunately, the game has no official Linux support.
Please see the system requirements page for SW: Squadrons for more information: https://www.origin.com/store/star-wars/star-wars-squadrons#store-page-section-requirements.

Thanks.

EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 3 of 7 (2,148 Views)

★★ Novice
@Raethan03... It does not matter if it Linux or Windows 10 the game still freezes at mission 9. This is such BS. It's been 2 years now, and EA just keeps giving its loyal gamers the run a round regarding this issue with Star Wars Squadrons. I feel like they stole my money, and wasted endless hours of my time dealing with this issue.

Thanks a lot EA. Thanks a lot...
Message 4 of 7 (1,132 Views)

★★★ Newbie

it's not even just mission 9. it happens at random for me

Message 5 of 7 (1,007 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@GuySteg It's march 2023, one year since this problem resurfaced, and yet no official confirmation or update from EA. It's all just simple BS.
Message 6 of 7 (475 Views)

★★★ Newbie

May 2023 still not working. I'm pretty pissed that this hasn't been fixed in the 2 years that the bug existed, considering it prevents you from progressing in the game. Such BS.

Message 7 of 7 (296 Views)