Lousy player needs some advice

by StevenV2

Original Post

Lousy player needs some advice

★★★ Novice

Ok, I need some advice for the Ninth Sister fight.  I have lost so many times, I quit counting. This is not my first in-game boss fight either, so I have some idea of how to play.

Every time I get her down to under 2-3 per cent health, she force hold me, throws me to the ground, and I die instantly despite having 100% health.  During this force-hold I keep blocking and my evade key keeps flashing.  When she releases me, I just hit the ground immediately with no evade and dirt-nap to another respawn.  

Are my fight mechanics bugged?  Is this fight bugged?

Calling me frustrated is an understatement.

I am playing on a PC, and up to this point I thought the PC control scheme was ok.  Now, I'm not so sure.

Thanks for any input

Message 1 of 17 (2,606 Views)

Re: Lousy player needs some advice

★★★★ Apprentice
@StevenV2 That sounds strange. She never killed me instantly with any move. You don't play on Grand Master difficulty, right?
General advice for any boss fight in the game would be using the dash force attack. Other than that it's blocking and dodging, but I guess you are doing that already.
Message 2 of 17 (2,538 Views)

★★★ Novice

OMG-I switched to story mode and failed.  I even went with a new character and different skills, and I had full health, Ninth Sister was showing no health on her bar and she one-shotted me again.  I am starting to think my fight is bugged.

Message 3 of 17 (2,527 Views)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMxaUJZwPyY 

This is video of how it is supposed to go.  Not my Video, but it should give you some idea.  Honestly, I don't think it is a playstyle issue, but it sounds like a glitch....but don't know since I have never had it happen to me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 4 of 17 (2,488 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am playing on XBOX one and have the same problem defeating the 9th sister. I fought her down so many times until she has almost no healts left, then the saber against saber push duel starts and the X-button is blinking, so I hold down the X-button. When these sequenz ends she throws me to the ground and I have to respawn. I am realy very frustrated, any help would be welcome. Just think while I am writing this that I might have to push the X-button repeatedly during the saber against saber duel, not just holding it down. Will try again....

Message 5 of 17 (2,465 Views)

[ Edited ]

I thought the flashing button indicated to rapidly press the button??? tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap....  That is always the way I do it on PC, and seems to work.

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 6 of 17 (2,458 Views)

Champion

@mcsupersport wrote:

I thought the flashing button indicated to rapidly press the button??? tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap....  That is always the way I do it on PC, and seems to work.

That's it.

I had to find out the hard way.
Ninth Sister kept killing me no matter what I did until I realized I had to press the button repeatedly instead of holding it.

"From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire."

[Robert Frost - Fire and Ice]

I don't work for EA. The opinions I express are my own.
Message 7 of 17 (2,417 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have been stuck here for 2 hours on PC. I've been holding the Key down. I did not know that one ist to continually tap the key.

Thanks, I will give it a try later, maybe I get past this section.. 

Message 8 of 17 (2,306 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@StevenV2

I wrote this basic advice guide for general gameplay and especially how to prepare for harder boss fights like Ninth Sister. Note that I make it clear I am not, nor do you have to be, an expert at saber finesse to do this.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Basic-gameplay-advice-for-young-padawans/td-p/8528988

Below is more of a general guide for how I fight Ninth Sister.

It was a bit of a struggle for me on Jedi Knight first play through, but then I wasn't used to the controls much, wasn't prepared all that well, and so I didn't have things like The Power of Friendship Skill (stims refill force), Lightsaber Mastery Skill (increases saber damage), and all Force and Life capacity Skills.

I found on this Jedi Master play through you can spend just a little time farming skill points on Dathomir after getting all skills available before Double Jump is acquired. You'll want at least 7 spare skill points to get Lightsaber Mastery and the Force/Life capacity skills after getting Double Jump.

Basically if you prepare right you can have 8 stims and all skills available in the game before taking on Ninth Sister. Just having the Force refilling skill and saber mastery is huge.

The thing is though, my 2nd fight against her on Jedi Master, I only really took damage when I purposely went in close so I could receive damage to take a stim and refill my force.

What I like to do is stay just within the upgraded dash strike range, and keep circling counter clockwise around the ring. When she tries to come in close, I do some dodge rolls that direction to keep my distance.

You want to use the dash strike right after she completes an attack sequence, then retreat back to the counter clock circling with dodge rolls. Other than that you just hold block when she tosses her saber, and double jump when she does the ground ripple.

Just rinse and repeat that. It was over in under 5 min for me, and I only took no more than about 20% damage on my first health bar, and had at least 80% remaining on the next one after using one stim.

She was only able to do one saber toss and one ground ripple before I did her in.

Message 9 of 17 (2,283 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@mcsupersport wrote:

you are a god - or force-sensitive - or something - thank you.
Message 10 of 17 (2,170 Views)