Re: Language options in Fallen Order

by Grzesi0_o

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Language options in Fallen Order

★★ Guide

Hello.

Simple question.

Can we change audio and subtitles language in game options? On PC and Consoles? I want to play with original english audio and polish subtitles, like hundreds or thousands people in my country. 

Thanks for answer.

Message 1 of 38 (25,879 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA DICE Team

@Grzesi0_o 

You can play the game in English with localized subtitles. Here's how you do that:

• Make sure your console language is in English
  • In-game, go to the Options menu and choose your language for text
  • It's not possible to change the audio language from the options menu

This works for both Xbox One, and PlayStation 4.

View in thread

Message 11 of 38 (121,154 Views)

All Replies

★★ Guide

Bump.

Why this is always THE BIGGEST problem in EA games? Can't get a straight answer, same happened with Battlefront 2 premiere.

Message 2 of 38 (25,811 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Saw a similar thread on Steam

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1172380/discussions/0/1693843461199582368/

I'm gonna quote myself from there:

Something like that probably only on launch we can find out unless a dev or mod can come and clarify.
There was something similar with Ubisoft games RU version for Uplay has only RU and CHN languages but RU version on Steam has all supported languages (AC Origins and Odyssey have this case iirc).. so hopefully the Steam version of this game will have all supported languages.

Message 3 of 38 (25,791 Views)

★ Apprentice

I understand You as I really hate it when game on Origin have option to only choose Polish audio/or and subs.

I hated it in DA:Inquisition or in other EA games where you had to download unofficial "mods" to change language in the game to English.

That's why I'm thinking about cancel my pre-order on Origin and just buy it on Steam where I'm sure I will be able to play in English without problem.

Message 4 of 38 (25,761 Views)

★★ Guide

This is pathetic. This is the main reason if I should buy this game or not. BUT I CANT GET AN ANSWER ANYWHERE, like they are hiding it... 

Message 5 of 38 (25,748 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

That's why I think the best choice will be to buy the game from the Steam!

OK I talked with support and here's the answer about change language:
"I would like to tell you that Origin and Game both are region and language specific and so, it is not possible to change language."

Message 6 of 38 (25,739 Views)

★★ Guide

Still no answer.... What is the purpose of this forum if you don't know simple things like that? Pointless...

Message 7 of 38 (25,682 Views)

★★ Guide

So? Any official answer? What a joke...

Message 8 of 38 (25,616 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Grzesi0_o  @Argahawk  @N7_A_M_R_Egypt 

Sorry for being late to the party..

Text and audio will be localized in English, French, German, Mexican Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Italian, Spanish, Polish, Russian, and Japanese. Text-only will be localized in Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese (Hong Kong and Taiwan), and Korean.

Message 9 of 38 (25,539 Views)

★★ Guide

Yes, we know that... but again... CAN we change language in game menu options? Can we choose to play, for example. English audio + polish subtitles, French audio + english subtitles, Polish audio + russian subtitles etc etc...

Message 10 of 38 (25,522 Views)