Original Post

Accepted Solution

Kashyyyk glitch (Free the Wookies) game breaker

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Summarize your bug Kashyyyk, for Free the Wookies, is broken
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Proceed to the holding cell for the Wookies, defeat the battle droid, and quit or leave to a meditation point, and save.
What happens when the bug occurs? The button prompt does not appear, and you are trapped in that corridor. Quitting/reloading does not overwrite this glitch.
What do you expect to see? A prompt (R3 or BD-1's scan) to release the Wookies' cell doors, or at least a way out of that corridor.

Everything was going so well. I defeated that droid (first try, but barely), but then I had to stop playing, so I quit the game through the menu. Next time I played and spawned from the last meditation circle I had saved at, when I got back, no droid, no prompt to release the cell doors. Also, no way out, no way to reset. Also, no path I can take back to the ship (you need to unlock a shortcut or something I can't have access to, since I'm blocked there).

I think this is what's happening: There may be a trigger that, when defeating the droid, unlocks the button, but my game saved that I had defeated the droid, but not that it had triggered the button to unlock.

Now, whenever I go in that corridor, the door closes behind me permanently. There's no way out, and no way to free the Wookies.

Message 1 of 48 (14,319 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Kashyyyk glitch (Free the Wookies) game breaker

★★ Novice
@aeafrog Found a way around this on the technical issues section of the board. If you run past the troopers outside the room without attempting to fight them, the droid will be in the room waiting for you. You can then interact with the panel and free the Wookies. Still an annoying bug and not at all intuitive, but there is a way to go forward without starting over completely.

View in thread

Message 39 of 48 (12,331 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie
@justintamoore This also happened to me, except I died and was using a PC. After I returned, the doors closed behind me and there is no way out, no way to activate the cutscene and no way to fight the droid. I am stuck. I thought about trying to go back to the ship and go to a different planet but there is no way to go back to the ship. I am just stuck.
Message 2 of 48 (14,299 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This happened to me too. The first time the droid showed up I died to it. Now, when I come back to the hallway, there's a glowing energy beam there to get my xp back, but the droid doesn't spawn, and I don't have a prompt to activate. The doors close behind me and I can't proceed. I'm really bummed because I don't have a backup save and I already beat two planets... If they don't post a fix I dunno if I'll beat the game now.

Message 3 of 48 (14,233 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Me too.  Killed droid who was invisible in b the cut scene when he comes out the door.  Invisible after being thrown. Ran around for a bit then he appeared.  Killed him.  Ran to the door by the console  loading symbol came up (presumably for cut scene) then nothing happens.  Can;t see a button.  Restored several times repeatable bug.

Message 4 of 48 (14,185 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I am prepared to uninstall, reinstall, and start over (only, jeese-o-man, that's a LOT of progress to have to do over) but this kind of game-breaking glitch is unacceptable for an allegedly triple-A title.

But then the game just said "F off, I don't want to let you play any more."

Message 5 of 48 (14,174 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same, but my glitch started after beating the Battle Droid without dying. Before I was able to save my son ended the game and loaded another title. When I came back and loaded from continue, I came through the prison block, but there were no Wookies captive in the pens, so the cut seen never starts, no interactive at the panel and no Battle Droid. 

Message 6 of 48 (14,133 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having exact same problem. Died on my first attempt at the droid. Went back, and now I am stuck in room. So is there a fix to this or no?

Message 7 of 48 (13,828 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So far, the only fix I've found is to restart the whole game with a new save.

I've done it, and had to slog through everything I've already done just to get back (which, tbh, was not without some benefits of stuff I passed before), but as of right now, if you encounter this bug, you are boned, and EA hasn't been helping.

Message 8 of 48 (13,754 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same. Is there any hope they patch this?

Message 9 of 48 (13,657 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yup, just happened to me too...trapped in a room with trapped Wookies. Not a chance I am starting from the beginning with the risk this could happen again. What a waste of time and money.

Message 10 of 48 (13,642 Views)