Jedi Fallen Order freezes or Crashes, trying to play it in 2023

by alexeyprada

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Jedi Fallen Order freezes or Crashes, trying to play it in 2023

★★ Novice

I've had the game for a long time, but never got the time to play it. These days I remembered I had it so why not play now that I've got some time.

I also recently upgraded my graphics card to a RTX4080 and to my surprise I started having a lot of problems, at first It would execute two processes, two instances of the game, that problem was solved by uninstalling and reinstalling. But always even with the two processes, the g ame would randomly freeze or Crash, measuring temperatures of GPU and CPU the game is not giving a big load to neither of those components.

Anyway, I've tried everything you can find on youtube, on the web and even on this forums. I've cleared EA app cache, I execute EA, Epic game laucher and fallen order as administrator, disabled fullscreen optimizations, changed the dpi options to System on windows, ticled here and there resolution and graphics, updated graphic drivers to latest version everything to no avail.

Attached are all the files people usually ask for these kind of problems, DXDIAG, crash report and screenshot of the crash.

Gdrive crash report from windows folder, had to upload it because the forum doesn't allow any of the file types

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1g8i3-2F6zTpztql-eoK6C0jPG9QB9uhW/view?usp=share_link

Message 1 of 10 (3,232 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Jedi Fallen Order freezes or Crashes, trying to play it in 2023

★★ Novice
@LeFeyn Yes, I did. It turned out to be some kind of problem with the XMP profile of my RAM. They're not defective but if I put the XMP profile, which was a at 4000mhz, games would eventually crash.

The solution was to overclock manually the ram and/or even leaving it a little bit underclocked. 3800mhz have been working fine for months now.

Hope my two cents help you.

View in thread

Message 6 of 10 (2,549 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

@alexeyprada  The crash dump you uploaded shows that Jedi Fallen Order crashed with a faulting module of d3d11.dll.  This is a component of DirectX 11, so it's worth running the DX installer, called DXSETUP.exe, that comes with the game.  You can find it here:

[install path] > Jedi Fallen Order > __Installer > directx > redist

Run the .exe as an admin: right-click it and select Run as Administrator.  Restart your computer afterwards.

Your dxdiag shows that, among other things, JFO crashed once due to a PhysX error.  Since PhysX is part of the Nvidia graphics software, the next step would be a clean uninstall and reinstall of the driver, as described here:

https://crinrict.com/blog/2019/02/clean-re-install-of-graphics-drivers-with-display-driver-uninstall...

You can get a fresh copy of the newest driver here:

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/198400/en-us/

Best practice is to disable your antivirus while installing the driver.  Since your computer will be offline the entire time, it should be safe.

By the way, do you ever get a BlueScreen while playing?  Your dxdiag lists one among the various Windows errors, but there's no way to tell when it happened or what you were running at the time from the information the dxdiag provides.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 10 (3,205 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Thanks for the reply, I'll do what you suggested and report back. As for now, I can tell you that I haven't faced any blue screen while playing JFO only random freezes and sudden crashes.
Message 3 of 10 (3,190 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict 

Just did what you suggested. Installed DirectX from the installer folder, it did install. Did a Clean install of graphic drivers, the only difference is that I install the drivers through NVCleanInstall so I don't have the hassle of Geforce Experience and a lot of unecessary addons.

The result it crashed again, Again I attach the screenshot and crash dump, I don't know if another Dxdiag is necessary.

Crash dump

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JkD28JLI2kiG0qwayzqszAwbvYWMBQ3g/view?usp=share_link

Edit:

After doing the previous procedure and ticlking NVIDIA's control panel settings moving the slider to quality The game gave my windows a blue screen but I wasn't fast enough to take a pic.

Edit 2: Blue screen error was: PFN LIST CORRUPT. Did everything there is on the web to Fix that Blue screen and probably solved the blue screen but not the Fallen order Crashing.

Guess is too late for a refund LOL. Even tried disabling turbo boos in the bios ---> crash. I suppose I can't run it on my PC.

Message 4 of 10 (3,167 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@alekseyprada Hello, I am having a similar situation. The game freezes and then crashes. Steam gives a similar error index. Did you find a solution?
Message 5 of 10 (2,556 Views)

★★ Novice
@LeFeyn Yes, I did. It turned out to be some kind of problem with the XMP profile of my RAM. They're not defective but if I put the XMP profile, which was a at 4000mhz, games would eventually crash.

The solution was to overclock manually the ram and/or even leaving it a little bit underclocked. 3800mhz have been working fine for months now.

Hope my two cents help you.
Message 6 of 10 (2,550 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thank you for your answer. I will try your solution. Have you experienced this issue in any other game? I am getting similar error in BF42. Here are the files for the errors I got.

Message 7 of 10 (2,542 Views)

★★ Novice
@LeFeyn Yeah, by that time I was having issues almost in most games. Dota 2 would crash repeatedly, AoE4 wouldn't let me finish a single game, a lot of progress in other games was lost too. And I was getting BSOD but very very rarely.
Message 8 of 10 (2,540 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Got it, thank you again. I'll try lowering the MHz as well.
Message 9 of 10 (2,534 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Спасибо огромное за подсказку! Была аналогичная проблема. Собрал ПК новый. Игра вылетала по непонятным причинам. Перепробовал все способы из интернета. Только у меня профиль xmp работал на частоте 6000 МГц. Отключил его и всё заработало как надо, даже на частоте 4800 МГц.

Message 10 of 10 (614 Views)