★★★★ Apprentice

Product: Star Wars: Squadrons
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Isoroku_Adumi
Are you playing in VR? No
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Other
Please explain 'Other' Story
What were you doing when the bug occurred? Step by Step detail is helpful. In Mission 9, after ride fighter and see movie, loading screen does not end. I left it for 2 hours, but it stayed on the loading screen. Uninstall,Repair,Reboot game or Windows have no effect. I can play other modes, for example, missions up to 8 and training.
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. Story Mode, Mission 9
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 02.10.2020 12:00 JST
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Can't play
What happens when the bug occurs? Loading screen does not end.
What do you expect to see? Let me finish story mode.
Which ship were you playing? If not applicable, just answer "no" or "none." Fighter,Intercepter,Reaper
What components were you using? GTX 680,i7-3770,16 GB
Which customizations (if any) were you using? none

I cannot play Mission 9, Chaos at Mon Cala.

1.I choose Fighter and ride it, I see the movie that go to Mon Cala.

2.black screen and a 4 * 4 square in the lower right corner have appeared.(maybe, loading screen)

3.That state lasts forever.

I tried reboot, repair, uninstall but these are no effect.

Squares are flashes so i think It is not in a state of no response.

Other mode, Fleet battle training, Mission 8, training is worked.

I bought this game for story mode. Let me play the story mode to the end.

Sincerely.

Message 2 of 539 (25,302 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Infinte loading in Mission 9

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

This post has been marked as "solved" so it's easier to find and read fore everyone.

October 28

A fix for this issue was pushed out in today's Mandalorian update. We've seen player confirmation this has been resolved, and you've been able to successfully finish Mission 9 after the update. Glad to hear that!

We truly appreciate your patience, and thank you for sticking with us. Please stay in touch if you experience any further issues.

October 15

Hey everyone,

I'm jumping in to confirm that we're still investigating a fix for this issue. We'll keep it listed in the Known Issues in the meantime, so be sure to keep an eye on that thread for updates.

Lastly, we're definitely aware of this thread and your comments, and we really appreciate your patience and staying in touch with us.

October 7

Hi everyone,

I'm confirming this issue is still under investigation, and we'll post updates as they become available.

I'd like to add that during launch, a lot of bugs and issues are being reported to us. We're currently sorting through them to find out which ones impact the most players so we can get them back into the game. This means we won't be able to post immediate updates on all bugs, and some of them will take a bit more time to resolve. As mentioned, we'll make sure to keep you updated via the Known Issues list, and when we're ready to release a patch.

View in thread

Message 158 of 539 (22,464 Views)

All Replies

Mission 9 issue

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

G'day,

Been playing through the campaign and have reached mission 9 but after the initial cut scene with the carrier and the fuel cells I am getting a load screen that even with 20minutes of waiting is not completing. Prior to this I cant say I had even noticed any load screens so I am wondering if there are any suggestions you can provide that might allow me to pass this point and continue playing.

So far I have tried;

Alt-tabbing in and out,

restarting the program,

restarting the program with administrative permissions,

turning all graphical settings to the lowest options

Steam file verification

edit:attaching DxDiag

Message 1 of 539 (25,210 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Exact same problem for me.

Message 3 of 539 (25,236 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

Hello @RC1979-501st  @Isoroku_Adumi  @DaemonkinAU,  Thanks for the report! 

Have you tried choosing the mission instead of pressing continue and do you have the option to restart the mission if you mange to load in also have you tried to restart the mission? 

/Atic 

Message 4 of 539 (25,170 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

The problem is it is stuck at the black loading screen between the cutscene and the actual mission.

There is no possible interaction.  Esc or B to abort.

Message 5 of 539 (25,158 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

@EA_Atic Also experiencing the same issue either by selecting mission manually or by pressing continue. attempted to select different ship each time and also without changing config in case stock config is only flyable

PC specs: i5-6600k, 16GB DDR4, nVidia 750ti, 960GB SSD 

Message 6 of 539 (25,146 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same problem haven't found anything that works.

Message 7 of 539 (25,060 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am having the same problem when launching mission 9, I am also unable to join any multiplayer games but I am able to play the offline version of  fleet battles with no problem. I am playing with the steam version.

Message 8 of 539 (25,037 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Having the same problem as well, cannot progress the campaign anymore! Really frustrating 

Message 9 of 539 (25,035 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Atic Having the same issue, nothing’s worked. Very frustrating
Message 10 of 539 (25,003 Views)