Impassable Bug: grates fall too soon on Bracca train

by kwinchell

Original Post

Impassable Bug: grates fall too soon on Bracca train

★★★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
Platform:PC
Summarize your bug Missing grates on pipe section of train sequence on Bracca make the area impassable.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When you crawl out on the pipe on the train on Bracca, about 10-15 minutes into the game.
What happens when the bug occurs? There is nothing above the pipe you are hanging off of, and nowhere to go. Walkthroughs I have looked at all show two grates above the pipe that you can jump up to and move on. In the cinematic before this section, I see the two grates fall off before the cinematic is even over.
What do you expect to see? Two grates above the pipe that I can hop up to and continue on with the game.

I have tried:

1. Starting a "New Journey" ~10+ times

2. Uninstalling and reinstalling, then starting a new game - once

3. Downloading today's update and starting a new game - once

4. Hopping up onto the pipe to walk across since there is no grate to jump to - many, many times

5. Crawling back left to the side of the train and attempting to jump left or up to catch the edge of the train - many, many times

Others have experienced this problem as well. Starting a new game has worked for them, but not for me. I am starting a new bug thread because the previous one has been marked resolved, but the fix does not work for me. [Previous bug thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/missing-climbing-section-on-train-level/td-p/8426382] The game is unplayable to me in this current state, and I'm really bummed because I've been really looking forward to this game for a long time.

See attached image for what I see. In every playthrough I've been able to find on YouTube there are two grates above the pipe.

Message 1 of 32 (7,855 Views)

Re: Impassable Bug: grates fall too soon on Bracca train

★★★★★ Novice

Update: After the patch that I downloaded didn't change anything when I started yet another new game, I uninstalled and reinstalled the game again last night (so that's 2x total now). I ran through again this evening having started a new game, aaaaand... the grates still fall off during the cinematic and I still can't move forward off the pipe. Frown

Message 2 of 32 (7,779 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@kwinchell My experience, having just started the game (with the bug fix) is exactly the same - the gates fall off before you get into the carriage, so I get to hang out on the pipe forever. Extremely disappointing Frown
Message 3 of 32 (7,758 Views)

★★ Novice

+1. Fix it, please!!!

Message 4 of 32 (7,680 Views)

★★ Novice

Try a new campaign in Story Mode...it worked for me!

Message 5 of 32 (7,677 Views)

EA Respawn Team
@kwinchell fix submitted for the next patch (not today's)
Message 6 of 32 (7,653 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Good news! When actually You plan this next fix?

Seems like it started working well! Standard smile

Message 7 of 32 (7,634 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@brandedrespawn Oh hurrah! Can you give an estimate on when that patch will be released? 

Message 8 of 32 (7,589 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I was having this problem, while playing before it fully downloaded.  It finished downloading yesterday, and it was fixed and I passed it.  When I got back on the game today, there was another update that needed downloading.  I stupidly decided to start over because I thought I had missed a few things in the game.  So when I got to the same spot, the gates where there when I swung out, but they fell as soon as I jumped onto them, and I somehow ended up getting stuck behind the grating you climb on, with out being able to get out.

Message 9 of 32 (7,502 Views)

★★ Novice
@Whooarhuh I have the same problem as well, the grates still fall 5 seconds after you swing out on the pole, this is getting ridiculous now.
Message 10 of 32 (7,474 Views)