Re: Game crashe after every death and docking at capital ship in 1-2 out of 10 g

by LordWulfr

Original Post

Game crashe after every death and docking at capital ship in 1-2 out of 10 games

★★★ Newbie

Product: Star Wars: Squadrons
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? SnoZoid
Are you playing in VR? Yes
Which VR Platform are you using? Steam VR
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Fleet Battles
What were you doing when the bug occurred? Step by Step detail is helpful. In about 20% of the fleet battles I play, the game will instantly crash, right after the loading screen (after the breefing room). When I reconnect to a game, that starts this way, the game will crash everytime I die or try to dock in the Stardestroyer/MC75. This is a very big issue.
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. Immediatly after the loading screen that leeds from the breefing room to the actual battle.
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) It happened every day I played since the latest update at least once.
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
How severe is your issue? Can play, but it's highly frustrating
What happens when the bug occurs? The game immediatly crashes after I die and I am back in my SteamVR home. I will then remove my headset and reconnect to the game and toggle vr back on. Notice that I play with the Origin version, not the Steam Version.
What do you expect to see? Normal screen after death that let's you respawn.
Which ship were you playing? If not applicable, just answer "no" or "none." all of them
What components were you using? isn't relevant
Which customizations (if any) were you using? isn't relevant

The game immediatly crashes after I die and I am back in my SteamVR home. I will then remove my headset and reconnect to the game and toggle vr back on. Notice that I play with the Origin version, not the Steam Version.

Message 1 of 3 (275 Views)

Re: Game crashe after every death and docking at capital ship in 1-2 out of 10 g

★★ Novice

Sounds very similar to the issue I posted about here. 

Message 2 of 3 (246 Views)

★★ Novice

I was having this issue too.

The first thing I did was to set the "VR Volumetric" setting to Low. It improved the frequency of crashing for me but didn't fix:

1. Go into Video settings

2. Scroll down to "VR Quality" and set it to "Custom"

3. Scroll down further until you find "VR Volumetric"

4. Set that to Low

I think I finally found a resolution for my crashing issue by not launching SteamVR. I am using an Oculus Quest 2 with Link cable, so I:

1. launch Oculus
  2. using the virtual desktop launch Steam as if I were at my desktop
  3. run the game in regular desktop mode
  4. go to the VR Settings menu and toggle on VR Mode.

This bypasses using Steam VR and allowed me to play several Fleet missions in a row without stuttering or crashing.

I don't know if you need to do both but it now seems to work for me. Hope this helps!

Message 3 of 3 (204 Views)