Re: Fleet Battles - Ranking Issues

★★★ Novice

Yeah true.

Message 341 of 378 (963 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

This issue isn't considered resolved. We're still investigating, but we've marked it so it's easier to find and read for everyone.

Hi everyone,

First off, thank you so much to all the pilots who have been playing Fleet Battles, providing us with feedback, and enjoying the game while we work through a few issues. It’s been great to see!

Right now, we’re tracking three main issues with our Fleet Battles mode and we’re working on each diligently. Thankfully, if you’re newer to the game, you should be less likely to run into the first issue due to a recent update.

With that said, we understand the frustration this has caused for those who have been impacted, so here is what we’re working on:

• Some players stuck at 0 skill rank or aren’t able to rank up as intended
    • We’re working on a fix for players stuck at 0 skill rank and are exploring how best to reset ranks.
  • A small number of players unlocked the ranked helmet rewards due to a bug
    • As the players who’ve experienced have guessed, we’ll likely remove these from inventories so they can be properly earned by all you aces out there, so we really appreciate their understanding here!
  • Players abandoning matches is negatively impacting the experience
    • We’re working on a new design for the overall matchmaking experience to make it better for all players. We’re working on improvements to matchmaking, lobby, and abandonment systems to make abandonment far less punishing for those who stay in the game, and less frequent overall. We are also making specific improvements for ranked play.

This info has also been added to our Known Issues list, and the Update 1.2 Release Notes.

Message 342 of 378 (5,688 Views)

★ Guide

@Straatford87 "...best to reset ranks"? Why didn't you do that in the last patch? Will we even get an extension of Operations?

Message 343 of 378 (918 Views)

★★ Novice

How dare you guys mark this as solved...

Message 344 of 378 (898 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@nukkawut1 I second that
Message 345 of 378 (894 Views)

Re: No Rank Provided

★★★ Newbie
@shagzalot Same here
Message 346 of 378 (897 Views)

Rank Deleted

★★★ Newbie

Product: Star Wars: Squadrons
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Spyker0013
Are you playing in VR? No
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Fleet Battles
What were you doing when the bug occurred? Step by Step detail is helpful. When navigating to the ranking menu, looking at the ranking insignia in the briefing room, etc.
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. Any time rank is changed in Fleet Battles.
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 10.15.20 4:00
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Can play, but it's highly frustrating
What happens when the bug occurs? My MMR is set to a skill of “0” and I have been removed from the Maverick tier entirely. I show up as if I am I ranked, however I went through the ten games (before patch 1.02) and was ranked at 120 skill.
What do you expect to see? An appropriate MMR level, and I should not have been removed from Maverick tier.
Which ship were you playing? If not applicable, just answer "no" or "none." None
What components were you using? None
Which customizations (if any) were you using? None

My MMR ranking has been set to zero and I have been removed from the Maverick Tier. 

When I win a match the progress bar makes sounds as if it is increasing my rank (without stopping until I exit) and the number stays at 0% and I am listed as unranked. 

Message 347 of 378 (915 Views)

Re: Rank Deleted

After one game today my rank went to zero so this is clearly still an issue - I didn't start playing the game until after the first couple of patches

Message 348 of 378 (844 Views)

Re: Rank Deleted

★ Guide

@Flatulent_Rancor Yeah, they still haven't fixed it yet. That will come out in the 1.3 patch, unfortunately. 

Message 349 of 378 (823 Views)

Re: Rank not increasing, stuck at Skill Rating Zero

★ Guide

@402theredeagle They still haven't fixed it yet. That will come out next patch hopefully. 

Message 350 of 378 (819 Views)