★★★★★ Newbie

Product: Star Wars: Squadrons
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Waldheim101
Are you playing in VR? No
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Other
Please explain 'Other' Throughout
What were you doing when the bug occurred? Step by Step detail is helpful. just trying to play the game
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. Throughout
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 02.10.2020.09.00
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Can't play
What happens when the bug occurs? Severe stuttering, low frame rates throughout opening title, gameplay and cutscenes
What do you expect to see? Highly smooth and fluid gameplay without any stuttering. Not expecting consistent 60+FPS but at least better than low 20's FPS currently
Which ship were you playing? If not applicable, just answer "no" or "none." All
What components were you using? i7 2700 overclocked to 3.5ghz, 16gb ram, RTX 2080, X56 Stick and Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudders
Which customizations (if any) were you using? None

This game is unplayable currently.  Severe stuttering, low FPS.  Cannot fix with tweaking setting in nVidia control panel, game settings or disabling non-essential processes and services.  Please fix and advise urgently.

Message 1 of 11 (2,970 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Extremely poor performance, stuttering and low frame rates

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Walheim101 wrote:
@Straatford87Thanks - I hadn't appreciated that overclocked i7 2700 to 3.5ghz would be below min of i5 6600k. Any suggestions of how to fix other than mobo upgrade?

You'll want to check with your mobo manufacturer to see what CPUs your mobo supports and then buy one (usually cheaper on eBay) that meets minimum specs for the game. That's what I did in the past.

If a post helps, please click the XP button, so the poster learns what is helping.

If a post answered your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so others can quickly find what worked.

View in thread

Message 7 of 11 (2,827 Views)

All Replies

Hero

There is a newer NVIDIA driver than what you're using. I'd say give that a go.

If a post helps, please click the XP button, so the poster learns what is helping.

If a post answered your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so others can quickly find what worked.
Message 2 of 11 (2,958 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thanks for your suggestion - did that after I posted and was some improvement, but still experiencing awful stuttering audio at times, audio out of sync with video cutscenes etc.  I have also optimised in Geforce experience which has put all settings on ultra.  Not sure what else to do as I have heard nothing back from EA....

Message 3 of 11 (2,886 Views)

Hero

To clarify - This is a user forum, where you go to get help from other users. If you want to hear back from EA, you should contact them via one of the other channels mentioned at https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/contact-ea-help/

Message 4 of 11 (2,882 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Walheim101 

From what I can tell, your CPU doesn't actually meet the minimum requirements, where we list Processor (Intel): i5 6600k or Equivalent. I would say it's definitely bottle-necking your GPU.

Message 5 of 11 (2,865 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@Straatford87 Thanks - I hadn't appreciated that overclocked i7 2700 to 3.5ghz would be below min of i5 6600k. Any suggestions of how to fix other than mobo upgrade?
Message 6 of 11 (2,831 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Walheim101 wrote:
@Straatford87Thanks - I hadn't appreciated that overclocked i7 2700 to 3.5ghz would be below min of i5 6600k. Any suggestions of how to fix other than mobo upgrade?

You'll want to check with your mobo manufacturer to see what CPUs your mobo supports and then buy one (usually cheaper on eBay) that meets minimum specs for the game. That's what I did in the past.

Message 7 of 11 (2,828 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

In my experience it's often cheaper to buy new mobo/cpu than to overpay for an old cpu.

Message 8 of 11 (2,794 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Do not buy EA titles they have some of the worst optimization in the industry out of all the AAA companies.

This isn't even up for debate.

Message 9 of 11 (1,136 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The CPU requirements for this game are jacked due to the poor performance.

Message 10 of 11 (1,135 Views)