EA Link crashing and game not launching

by Apprentice125

Original Post

Accepted Solution

EA Link crashing and game not launching

★★★★★ Novice

Hi. I recently upgraded my rig to a Ryzen 5 2600X and a new motherboard, and ever since JFO has been refusing to launch when it would open fine previously. I purchased the game from Steam, and it will not open correctly from either Origin or Steam.

When I try to start the game, it and EALink.exe appear on the task manager briefly then close. Looking at the event viewer, this happens whenever EALink tries to start:

Faulting application name: EALink.exe, version: 10.5.63.37653, time stamp: 0x5e39dbaf
Faulting module name: Qt5Widgets.dll, version: 5.8.0.0, time stamp: 0x5cfe7ea1
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0003fe98
Faulting process id: 0x13f4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d5e4899b182cb3
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin\EALink.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin\Qt5Widgets.dll
Report Id: bfc962e2-ca62-47de-9f3c-ee1d91bbb9b8
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

I have reinstalled the game and reinstalled Origin, this hasn't seem to change anything. I tried the solutions in the following threads as well and they have also not worked.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Star-Wars-Jedi-Fallen-Order-EA-Link-won-t-open/td-p/85764...

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/Star-Wars-Jedi-Fallen-Order-does-not-launch/td...

I have also attached my dxdiag info.

Being able to run this game better was part of the reason I did this upgrade in the first place, so it would be nice to be able to play it. Any help here would be appreciated! Thanks.

Message 1 of 9 (13,848 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: EA Link crashing and game not launching

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Alright, well after some experimenting I got it working and the solution was so simple I feel kind of dumb having not done it earlier. I just had to set EALink.exe to run as administrator.

You can find it in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin\EALink.exe" (or wherever you have Origin itself installed, not the game on Steam). Right click, Properties, go to compatibility and check "Run this program as an administrator." Launch the game from Steam and click yes when it asks for permission to run EALink.

I can now play the game again and it runs like a charm now. Hope this can help anyone else who might have had this problem.

View in thread

Message 4 of 9 (13,669 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Novice

Bump? Anybody?

Message 2 of 9 (13,728 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problem. I got refund. So if this gets fixed let me know

Message 3 of 9 (13,697 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Alright, well after some experimenting I got it working and the solution was so simple I feel kind of dumb having not done it earlier. I just had to set EALink.exe to run as administrator.

You can find it in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin\EALink.exe" (or wherever you have Origin itself installed, not the game on Steam). Right click, Properties, go to compatibility and check "Run this program as an administrator." Launch the game from Steam and click yes when it asks for permission to run EALink.

I can now play the game again and it runs like a charm now. Hope this can help anyone else who might have had this problem.

Message 4 of 9 (13,670 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

U ARE THE BEST

Message 5 of 9 (12,287 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Apprentice125 THANKS A LOT
Message 6 of 9 (7,824 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I can't find the EALink.exe , what should i do?

Message 7 of 9 (7,689 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Apprentice125 i tried that but its not working it says VCRUNTIME140.dill was not found also MSVCP140.dill and others im really bad at stuff like this so do i have to like uninstall game itself or this EALink.exe ?
Message 8 of 9 (4,301 Views)

EA DICE Team
This is on the older side of time, I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

If you have any issues with Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, please make a new topic about your problems and what kind of steps you have tried to solve them.

/Atic
Message 9 of 9 (4,196 Views)