Re: Does squadrons have a space flight sim mode?

by taylor1864

Original Post

Does squadrons have a space flight sim mode?

★★★★ Novice

Does squadrons have the space flight sim like Star Wars Galaxies did? If so ill buy squadrons. Im tired of rail job flight (like Star Wars the Old Republic) i want open space and true physics

Message 1 of 7 (838 Views)

Champion

Hello there! 

I am pretty sure that there is no rail flight in this game but I don't know the detail mechanics.

Anyway, we only have 2 week until the launch date.

Almost there...

hqdefault (1).jpg

Message 2 of 7 (803 Views)

★★ Guide

Star Wars Galaxies - Jump to Light Speed was awesome - and there were certain areas in the game that were designated PVP and you could explore it (even do some mining for higher tier resources to build stuff). I have heard there are practice modes in Squadrons that you can use to explore however until the game is released we will not know for sure. Your best bet is to watch videos from Jackfrags or Bombastic on Youtube.

It is tagged as the most definitive star wars flight experience by EA. You have a great deal of control over your ship - which again is similar to Star Wars Galaxies (power to shields, engines and weapons etc) although you can not control your astro mech or ship computer in quite the same way in Squadrons.

MercenarySW

TAW Avatar - May 17.png

Message 3 of 7 (752 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@taylor1864 I wouldn't expect "true physics", this is Star Wars physics, where explosions and lasers are heard in space and when you drop throttle your ship slows down. However it's NOT a rail shooter in any sense.
Message 4 of 7 (735 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@taylor1864Squadrons isn't an open galaxy game. There are no rails, you'll have full control of your starfighter. I suggest viewing gameplay video that explains the features and modes of game.

Message 5 of 7 (703 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@taylor1864 I can confirm the game is not on rails and that its free flight when flying.

Compete in intense 5v5 dogfights, unite with your squadron to tip the scales in monumental fleet battles, and take off in a thrilling Star Wars™ single-player story set after the events of Return of the Jedi.

/Atic

Message 6 of 7 (671 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i loved jump to lightspeed

Message 7 of 7 (550 Views)