Constant freezing and freezes on kashyyyk ps4 for jedi fallen order

by masterjedihermit

Original Post

Constant freezing and freezes on kashyyyk ps4 for jedi fallen order

★★★ Newbie

Hello,

I have been playing through jedi fallen order on ps4(regular version) and whenever I am on the planet kashyyyk moving between areas and during cutscenes/story sequences the framerate drops to 0 for a while and seems to have trouble loading, sometimes character models will take a minute to load, this barely happens on the other worlds for me (so far), it happens frequently enough your team should be able to reproduce it just by playing through that part of the game

Message 1 of 6 (1,537 Views)

Re: Constant freezing and freezes on kashyyyk ps4 for jedi fallen order

Community Manager
Hey @masterjedihermit,

I am sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. It's very frustrating I can imagine.

May I ask how exactly you have installed the game, and if it was working before without any issues?
Have you installed it on the internal HDD of your console, or on an external HDD?
EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 2 of 6 (1,340 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is installed on the internal hard-drive and using a physical release, completely updated and no significant problems on the other worlds, just kashyyk(though I did clip through the floor on dathomir after defeating the boss and trying to enter the cramped passageway forward, it worked fine the second time I tried it). This is my first playthrough so I can't say how it behaved for other versions of the game. The freezes generally occur when walking(sometimes sliding) from one area to another. there was also one occasion during the first arrival mission/cut scene where a character's model didn't load for a while into the conversation. I think a few of the areas where the freezing occurred were side areas`in the jungle, one that were sliding areas

Message 3 of 6 (1,328 Views)

Community Manager
@masterjedihermit, gotcha, thanks a lot for the detailed information. May I ask if you eventually succeeded to get past the area where the game kept freezing for you? Or does it stop you from progressing the game altogether?
EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 4 of 6 (1,292 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes, I completed the game, it just produced awkward pauses for a bit where I wasn't sure the game was progressing (I believe it was a complete stall, then the music would return then the gameplay) pretty maddening at times but a little patience and it would start working normally again.

The clipping through the floor was right after the boss fight on dathomir, luckily the game returned me to the save point after I died with the boss completed and didn't do it more than once

Message 5 of 6 (1,279 Views)

Community Manager
@masterjedihermit, gotcha, once again thanks a bunch for the detailed description of the issue. I am glad to hear that you eventually were able to get past the points where the issues started for you. Seems like the game has some sort of built-in failsafe that returns you to safe areas if this happens, which is excellent.
EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 6 of 6 (1,257 Views)