Re: Can't use split saber skill at all, pc

by sou1blight

Original Post

Can't use split saber skill at all, pc

★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
Platform:PC
Summarize your bug After getting the split saber skill on Ilum, I'm unable to use it; the game tells me to use b+left mouse button, but the combo doesn't do anything. This is especially frustrating during the second fight with Jaro Tapal on Dathomir, because apparently the only way to "defeat" Jaro Tapal and move forward is to use split saber.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I guess play that scene on pc?
What happens when the bug occurs? The bug causes the button combo, b+right mouse button, to not work (nothing happens; Cal just keeps blocking)
What do you expect to see? Cal successfully doing the split saber move and progressing in the game.

Please help! I can't progress in the game without a fix.

Message 1 of 4 (1,694 Views)

★ Novice
@Szerafina7 Same, any solutions?
Message 2 of 4 (1,427 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had this bug too. I restarted my computer and played the game with a mouse and keyboard instead of a controller. Additionally the timing you need to perform the combo is ridiculously short. The two buttons (mouse clicks for me) must be pressed within half a second of each other. A full second is too long and Kal just blocks and attacks per usual. Hope it helped. 

Message 3 of 4 (1,339 Views)

★★★ Newbie

THANK YOU!  For me it was RMB split second pause then LMB despite the game indicating they had to be pressed simultaneously.  So many missed opportunities to use it!

Message 4 of 4 (609 Views)