Audio bug in SW:S dogfight

★★★ Newbie

Product: Star Wars: Squadrons
Platform:Steam-PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? doubledownrob
Are you playing in VR? No
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Dogfight
What were you doing when the bug occurred? Step by Step detail is helpful. Flying in dogfights
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. during gameplay
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 16.10.20 11:30 CST
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
How severe is your issue? Can play, but it's highly frustrating
What happens when the bug occurs? Audio drops at the start of the match for certain in-game elements, particularly engine sounds and secondary deployments. I do not get any engine audio, which makes it difficult to manage throttle without looking at the throttle display. Further, there is no audio cue for when I've entered boost. It also drops the audio for secondary deployment, so the only way to know if I've fired a missile is if I visually see it. This is very annoying, though not outright game-breaking. It has occurred in two of the three matches I've played this morning.
What do you expect to see? Audio to work
Which ship were you playing? If not applicable, just answer "no" or "none." TIE Interceptor
What components were you using? ASUS ROG Zephyrus G-14, Thrustmaster T-flight 4 HOTAS, Razor headset, Sony Bravia TV
Which customizations (if any) were you using? none

Game worked fine when i last played a couple days ago, and one of my three matches so far did not  have the problem.

Message 1 of 9 (487 Views)

Re: Audio bug in SW:S dogfight

★★★★★ Novice

Had this 2 or 3 times today, as well. Never before and it is my first time playing after the patch so I suspect it was introduced with the last patch.

Message 2 of 9 (470 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same issue, but in Fleet Battles.

Message 3 of 9 (467 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This issue began for me with Update 1.1 and sometimes goes away when I respawn or change ships in Fleet Battles. It doesn't usually persist between matches.

Message 4 of 9 (466 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @doubledownrob  @geofurb @Sch1llman, what kind of audio set up do you have both hard ware and soft ware? 

Did you try reinstall any audio drivers? 

/Atic 

Message 5 of 9 (421 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Atic I'm using the HyperX Cloud Revolver USB, so there's no installation of drivers or anything; Windows recognizes the device automatically. I'm using a Logitech C920 webcam's microphone for audio instead of using the headset's detachable microphone.

I'm not losing dialogue or UI sounds, just the cockpit/flight noises, laser sounds, etc. Voice chat (rx and tx) still works, too. The cockpit/flight noises, lasers, etc. aren't gone entirely, they're just very, very quiet. They will usually come back to normal volume eventually, and it seems to start or end when you spawn and are leaving the hangar of your flagship.

I strongly suspect this is a generic bug and not hardware specific, given its connection to in game events.

Message 6 of 9 (413 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Atic This happens pretty consistently to me and it's fairly game-breaking. Is there a diagnostic logging mode I can enable to get you more information?

Message 7 of 9 (381 Views)

EA DICE Team
@geofurb what configuration are you running the headset in windows?

/Atic
Message 8 of 9 (347 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Atic I'm sorry, I don't understand the question.

The headset is the default windows sound and communication device. A webcam is configured as the default microphone. In Squadrons, the webcam is recognized as the only microphone input, and I have the choice between the headset or speakers for audio output. Output is "Auto" (I'm switching to Binaural (Headphones) to see if that might improve things), microphone mode is push-to-talk, keep audio in background is set.

Message 9 of 9 (329 Views)