Plants vs. Zombies won't start to play at all. Why and what can be done?

by Dv3rgntfr33lncr

Original Post

Plants vs. Zombies won't start to play at all. Why and what can be done?

★★★★ Novice

I recently got Plants vs. Zombies through On the House deal. It downloaded ok; but when it started installing, it quit. So then i reinstalled it again. Went through ok but when pressed play, the game woulld not run to play. I tried to uninstall and reinstall but it wont work. Please help!

Message 1 of 14 (34,719 Views)

Re: Plants vs. Zombies won't start to play at all. Why and what can be done?

EA Staff

@Dv3rgntfr33lncr please uninstall the game and then manually uninstall Origin, then download the latest version of Origin and run the installation again. When starting Origin after this please make sure to run it with Admin rights and then install the game again.

Message 2 of 14 (34,653 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i had the chance to do what you suggested, but it still does not want play. 

Message 3 of 14 (34,620 Views)

EA Staff

When you start the game does the process show up in task manager or do you get any error messages?

Message 4 of 14 (34,619 Views)

★★★★ Novice

When I tried installing it the first time, it showed an error message, but I can't recall what it was. Now it does not show any at all.

Message 5 of 14 (34,615 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi. I'm curious if this is PvZ-related or more Origin-focused. Do you have any other games (ideall small) on Origin that you can use to test-install?

Also, try running Origin as administrator, and restart with a Clean Boot, in case there is some 3rd party program interference.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 6 of 14 (34,604 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_David  I have Sims 3 EPs & SPs that I bought from other stores & registered, so the only game I bought from Origin was PvZ. I don't understand what you mean by running Origin as administrator because I am the administrator on the PC that is being used.

Message 7 of 14 (34,594 Views)

★ Apprentice
Hey, if you got vista, win7 or win8 just click right mouse and run as administrator.
Message 8 of 14 (34,576 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I did what you suggested, but it didn't work. I am wondering why the PvZ icon opens up Origin instead of running the game. Should the game icon open the game itself instead of redirecting me to Origin? 

Message 9 of 14 (34,568 Views)

★ Apprentice
Nope, because its origin game.
Message 10 of 14 (34,564 Views)