Plants vs Zombies 2 lost progress.

by snwbdrbm

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Plants vs Zombies 2 lost progress.

★★★ Newbie
I have been playing this game for a couple years on my tablet and phone. My tablet locked up and I had to do a hard reset and delete everything. When I reloaded the game on the tablet all of my progress was lost. I thought no big deal it should reload and I have progress on my phone anyway. I signed into Google plus in hopes that it would sync my games and bring back my progress. It did sync my game but it completely wiped my progress on my phone too and started them both over. I need my progress back please. How do I get it back?
Message 1 of 9 (3,696 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Plants vs Zombies 2 lost progress.

Community Manager

@snwbdrbm Unfortunately if the game has been saved over there is nothing we can do in this case. If a game is not linked or you save over your game then the progress cannot be retrieved. 

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 6 of 9 (4,041 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@snwbdrbm Sorry to hear about the issues you are having. When  you reinstalled the game did you create a new game and link it?

Darko.png
Message 2 of 9 (3,670 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I did. I signed back up on the Google plus account in hopes it would restore my progress. It never did. How do I get it back?
Message 3 of 9 (3,664 Views)

Community Manager

@snwbdrbm If you created a new account then it will have saved over the old one. Once an account is saved over it is not possible for us to retrieve it. 

Darko.png
Message 4 of 9 (3,662 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have years into this game and all kinds of progress. What are you going to do to remedy this major flaw on your game?
Message 5 of 9 (3,658 Views)

Community Manager

@snwbdrbm Unfortunately if the game has been saved over there is nothing we can do in this case. If a game is not linked or you save over your game then the progress cannot be retrieved. 

Darko.png
Message 6 of 9 (4,042 Views)

★★★ Newbie
You need to do something. There is a flaw in your system. I had the game on my phone too and I never deleted it. I never chose to over wrote my previous progress on either device. I have tons of time and a bunch of plants purchased. What are you going to do to fix this?
Message 7 of 9 (3,651 Views)

Community Manager

@snwbdrbm As I said, it appears that you created a new game-saving over the old one when you logged into your google account and started a new game. As such, we are unable to retrieve the old game as when you started a new one it saved over the old game. 

Darko.png
Message 8 of 9 (3,647 Views)

★★★ Newbie
So there is nothing that you will do for me? I am done with ea sports games and pop cap. What a waste of time. I will never use your game again. I will never use anything you make. This is your flaw in your system. It should have loaded my game right when I signed in.
Message 9 of 9 (3,633 Views)