Re: "This game will not run in a virtual environment"

by EA_Illium

Original Post

Accepted Solution

"This game will not run in a virtual environment"

★★★ Newbie

Hi there,

Trying to run Plants vs Zombies 1 on my Surface Pro 7.
As I start up the game it instantly stops an tells me that I can't run PvZ 1 in a Virtual Environment even tho I'm cleary not in a VM.
Is it because of the low specs of the surface that the game thinks it's running in a VM or what exactly is the issue and further more what is the solution to it

Thanks and have a Great Day

Message 1 of 11 (3,370 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager
@Hynamiii Can you try running PvZ in compatibility mode to see if you continue getting this message?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 2 of 11 (3,300 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
@Hynamiii Can you try running PvZ in compatibility mode to see if you continue getting this message?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 11 (3,301 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm having exactly the same problem on my Surface Go 2.

I'm running from the EA app in Windows 11 but I had the same error in Windows 10 before I upgraded to Windows 11.

I've tried every combination of compatibility mode settings as I can but none of them help.

Message 3 of 11 (2,728 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It is also on Surface Pro 8. Is there any solution for it?

Message 4 of 11 (2,194 Views)

★★ Novice

Same here on surfacebook 2! 

Message 5 of 11 (2,162 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've also started having this issue lately on my Surface laptop. Has anyone managed to find a solution? it used to work fine a while back so maybe it's to do with windows updates? Or the EA app? 

Message 6 of 11 (1,714 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Hynamiii Same issue here on the Surface Laptop 4 launching NFS Most Wanted 2012. Does anyone know a fix to this?
Message 7 of 11 (1,617 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Is anyone from EA actually going to give advice on this? I'm also having the same issue on my Surface Pro

Message 8 of 11 (1,564 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've just upgraded from the Origin app to the new EA app today and ran into this issue on my Surface Pro 8.

Unbelievable that such a widespread issue has been occuring for months without any resolution.

Message 9 of 11 (1,254 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello! Surface Pro 9, having the same issue. Just adding to the list in hopes EA answers soon about this issue we are all having

Message 10 of 11 (625 Views)