pvz gw launching problems

by Aria456

Original Post

Accepted Solution

pvz gw launching problems

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi,

I just bought the PVZ GW. A series of problems happened trying to launch the game.

1. The first time I launched the game, I got the message: "The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCR100.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem."

I solved it by downloading Micrsoft Visual Studio C++ Redistributable Package 2012 (x64) and (x86).

2. Then it became "The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP100.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem." Figured out it was from 2010 version of MS Visual C++, downloaded that. 

3. Now, it's "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)". Please help? We really want to play! Thank you.

New PC, Windows 11 x64 System on AMD CPU. 32 GB RAM and 1 TB Storage. 

Message 1 of 10 (1,362 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: pvz gw launching problems

★★ Novice

Hi Darko,

I finally got the game to work!! I was running the game as Administrator; that seemed to be the problem. I just ran the game in compatibility mode, but not as an Admin and it worked!!

In retrospect, I think the issue was I was missing Java 7. Thank you so much for your help!

For people struggling to get PVZ GW to work, here is what I did: 

1. I downloaded an All-In-One Package and installed all the programs and files.
  2. Then, I right clicked PVZ GW icon > Properties > Compatability (this is a tab) > Click the box "Run this program in compatability mode for:" . Windows 8 should be automatically selected, but if it isn't, go ahead and select it. Make sure you are NOT running this as admin. Deselect that box if it is clicked. 

Looks like this when you're done:

Screenshot 2023-01-16 131620.png

Hopefully that got your game to work! Good luck!

Link to All-In-One Package (Follow instructions for Fix 4):

https://thegeekpage.com/fix-0xc00007b-0xc000007b-error-in-windows-10-while-running-games/

View in thread

Message 8 of 10 (1,141 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @Aria456 all those errors are related to the VC++ drivers. As you are playing the game on an OS it doesn't support then you may run into issues.

I'd recommend downloading and installing the most recent VC++ files 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 10 (1,334 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Darko, I took a screenshot of the VC++ drivers and NVIDIA GPU drivers I have installed. Would you mind taking a look? Thank you!

Screenshot_20230110_091626.png

Message 3 of 10 (1,294 Views)

★★ Novice

I also installed .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 from Microsoft as the internet said this could be a problem. Chose to download 3.5 because it was released in 2008 and the last release of PVZ GW was 2014, so this probably was the version used. 

Side note, all the drivers (VC++, NVIDIA and .NET) were installed after PVZ GW was installed. Any help is appreciated. Thank you again!

Message 4 of 10 (1,285 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Aria456 I'd recommend taking a look at your drivers and other devices to ensure they are up to date.

The errors you are seeing point to an issue OS side rather than game.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 10 (1,257 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Darko , 

Thank you for your advice. I downloaded and installed an all in one package that contained all the older files. They installed without issues. This time when I launch the game, the game would open up EA App. From there, I clicked on the blue Play button. This time, the EA App said "An error on our end caused your launch to fail. Try again a little later." 

I'm not sure if EA is actually down, or if this is EA's way of saying "Your game doesn't work!". Do you know a way to fix this?

Thank you again!

Message 6 of 10 (1,207 Views)

Community Manager
Message 7 of 10 (1,161 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi Darko,

I finally got the game to work!! I was running the game as Administrator; that seemed to be the problem. I just ran the game in compatibility mode, but not as an Admin and it worked!!

In retrospect, I think the issue was I was missing Java 7. Thank you so much for your help!

For people struggling to get PVZ GW to work, here is what I did: 

1. I downloaded an All-In-One Package and installed all the programs and files.
  2. Then, I right clicked PVZ GW icon > Properties > Compatability (this is a tab) > Click the box "Run this program in compatability mode for:" . Windows 8 should be automatically selected, but if it isn't, go ahead and select it. Make sure you are NOT running this as admin. Deselect that box if it is clicked. 

Looks like this when you're done:

Screenshot 2023-01-16 131620.png

Hopefully that got your game to work! Good luck!

Link to All-In-One Package (Follow instructions for Fix 4):

https://thegeekpage.com/fix-0xc00007b-0xc000007b-error-in-windows-10-while-running-games/

Message 8 of 10 (1,142 Views)

Community Manager

Great to hear that you got it sorted @Aria456.

Part of the reason we ask for a DxDiag is to check all that.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 9 of 10 (1,129 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@EA_Darko i've been having this problem too, but my error said "there is a problem with your game's setup. Please reinstall your game". I already tried reinstalling the game but the problem is still there. I also tried @Aria456 method and its still not working, maybe you can check my dxdiag?, and see if my device is compatible or not. Thank you.

Message 10 of 10 (560 Views)