Re: Xbox one won't load game

by picklebird_101

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Xbox one won't load game

★★★ Newbie

I'll get to the loading screen of Garden Warfare but it brings me right back to the Xbox One dashboard.  I've been playing almost everyday since i bought it, the disc never left the machine, I checked it no scratches, perfect condition and I'm not receiving any error messages

Message 1 of 8 (7,300 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Guide

Try a hard reset/power cycle.  The XDK of the xbox might be causing issues.

Power cycle your console. Here’s how:
On the console, press and hold the Xbox button until the light behind it turns off (about 5 seconds), which means the console is off.
After the console has shut down, unplug the power cord and wait 30 seconds.
Plug the console back in and turn it on using the Xbox button. Power cycling will reset the network card and clear the cache.

View in thread

Message 4 of 8 (8,516 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

Is this happening on Xbox One or 360?

Also make sure you are indeed connected to internet/wifi

Message 2 of 8 (7,284 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Xbox One, I checked my internet connection it was fine so was multiplayer connection I have the Xbox One hardwired into the modem

Message 3 of 8 (7,279 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Try a hard reset/power cycle.  The XDK of the xbox might be causing issues.

Power cycle your console. Here’s how:
On the console, press and hold the Xbox button until the light behind it turns off (about 5 seconds), which means the console is off.
After the console has shut down, unplug the power cord and wait 30 seconds.
Plug the console back in and turn it on using the Xbox button. Power cycling will reset the network card and clear the cache.

Message 4 of 8 (8,517 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Great thanks for the help

Message 5 of 8 (7,275 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My copy of the game is digital and I tried what you said twice but the game still wont load, all its saying is the game took to long to load and that's it. So what do I do then?

Message 6 of 8 (2,481 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It’s an EA issue … it still does this on a brand new out of the box Xbox series x … no other games have this issue except for the Garden Warfare and Plants v Zombies BFN … my kids love these games but literally get as far as taking two steps and the game restarts itself … has nothing to do with the console. 

Message 7 of 8 (1,930 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The uninstall and reinstall works but only for a few days then the game goes right back to not getting past the initial load screen and resetting, I’m going to try and get a refund for mine, it’s unplayable.  I have 30 other games that are on this console that work flawlessly except for those two games by EA so it’s not the console, it’s not user error, it’s not internet … it’s EA

Message 8 of 8 (1,907 Views)