There is a problem with your game setup Windows 11

by Strife4964

Original Post

There is a problem with your game setup Windows 11

★★★ Newbie

I am seeking for help as I am having the problem of the game not launching, with the following message appearing: "There is a problem with your game setup. Please reinstall your game"

I have searched for many solutions, but almost none appear to be for users in Windows 11. Could someone please help me in fixing this issue? Thanks again, hope the solution is possible.

Message 1 of 5 (1,227 Views)

Re: There is a problem with your game setup Windows 11

★★★★★ Newbie
@Strife4964 same issue with fresh install of Windows 11 Pro. None of the older fixes found seem to fix the issue.
Message 2 of 5 (1,104 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have tried the following.

This is a fresh windows 11 pro install. Game has been installed from Steam.

Steam is ran in Admin.

• Windows 11 does not have the option to install Microsoft Media Files - Due to this I was unable to attempt this fix.
  • Installed DirectX - This included deleting D3DCompiler_43 and replacing
  • Installed C++ 64 & 86
  • Installed Apex Legends in hopes it would install necessary files - While Apex works, Plants vs Zombies and Titanfall 2 does not launch. Titanfall simply does not launch and PVZ gives the "There is a problem with your game setup" error.
  • Installed PVZ on C and D drive
  • Verified install files on Steam
  • Repaired game
  • Updated all drivers, windows and BIOs - Again, this is a new install with a new computer I7, Z790 motherboard and 4080
  • EA account is linked to Steam account - Steam launches EA

I have attempted every fix I have found.

Someone please assist.

Message 3 of 5 (1,089 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Mike17855 pretty sure is something else, i'm running the game on Windows 11 Pro since 17th of January 2022, one year and two weeks without single issue, but the difference is that my game is not on Steam, maybe is their fault somehow. Then i own Need For Speed Heat and HP Remastered on Steam, and same no issues
Message 4 of 5 (1,057 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Have you found anything that works? I'm in the same situation.

Message 5 of 5 (796 Views)