Re: Some bugs I frequently encounter!

by OverclockdToastr

Original Post

Some bugs I frequently encounter!

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

- when playing cactus and my drone gets shot causing camera to switch back to my char everything is invisible except hud overlays and sky box plus my char's health is constant to zero even after respawning via menu allthought in fact it isn't zero (still can heal up to a limit) (might be caused by moving when spawning the drone) (started with the today's patch adding two more characters)

- controlling a drone, aiming at a target, suddenly hitting the sky which throws the drone arround (here I'd prefer just to not be able to raise the drone instead of hitting an invisible object)

- same with map borders (e.g. behind the zomboss villa) you just fly your drone around map and suddenly it crashes an invisible wall and just be like "wtf, not again..."

- sometimes the text of the loading screen doesn't fit the gametype (fe.g. garden gnome bomb with text of team death match)

- I'd like to only play in the plants team but when I join a server it doesn't allow me to switch the team until i get kicked for afk (maybe add an option to apply a team filter to the server search)

- when the enemie's boss-vehicle is almost destroyed and the controlling player leaves it, then there are no points for destroying (maybe add a percentage limit i.e. 20 per cent of vehicles health and the team who shot it still gets the points)

- I often saw ppl entering boss mode, leaving it, and then switching the team disabling the enemies' boss mode for the starting phase of the match (really unfair!)

- when being in boss mode and the bomb spawns it gets drawn on the old position for a moment (same with some other stuff, I'm not sure anymore bout it but i think it was a sun flower's flower pot)

- on jewel junction some chars may jump over the train and I think it would be fair if the snapper wouldn't die by digging underneath it (btw this is totally illogical)

- there are many hitboxes of map objects too large (e.g. I'm playing cactus and I'm hiding behind a rock shooting out of cover, the spikes get stuck in the air right next to the rock) (I thought the frostbite 3 editor is more like what-you-see-is-what-you-get) (really reminds me to cry engine which got the same issue)

- there are also many objects like fences which got holes or gaps and you just cannot shout through these cause the ammunation impacts to the air (again invisible walls...)

- being in boss mode doesn't allow opening score table to mute ppl

- you can't check the score while you are dead (this is quite necessary cause it's an importent factor if you switch your char or not)

- many ppl play this game on a notebook and always got ugly laptop-background-noise. there REALLY should be an option to disable voip/mic at all without deconstructing a notebook or unplugging the mic or deactivating it in the windows sound settings (someone also might prefer teamspeak and don't want to disturb other players) (BIG ISSUE)

- push-to-talk is needed and volume level for mic activasion too!

- while connecting to a server you can't mute ppl but already have to hear their voip

- if you don't fix this at all then a report system would be nice (btw this would destroy the game)

- dressing room:

- - setting a gesture e.g. for slot 1 then it happens that gesture for e.g. slot 2 gets changed instead (this behave keeps constant until leaving to char selection)

- - after you scrolled through the object list (with the scroll wheel) then hovering the mouse over the previous and next object in list has no effect

- - standing-arround-standard animation for the pea shooter needs to be smoothed (looks wuite unhealthy with that break)

- - sometimes when you click e.g. on hat and watch the different available objects and then quit this list without selecting one it happens that it doesn't reload the set object

- one of the weapon upgrades for the future cactus got carmo-cactus in description when unlocking it (german version)

- in the sticker book page 6 got wrong icons

- on map "port rapscallion" when you play the hot-rod-snapper, just ate a zombie and jump off the boat at the back of it you coulld easily land on the earth, but instead you slipp off dropping into water and die

- when player count changes and you got the player table open then focus is rearanged meaning if you click somebody to mute him then you got selected somebody else when hitting the mute button

- you cannot reload in the shooting delay (e.g. playing camo cactus with long such delay, pressing R for reload, some moments later you fire one shot and notice you ran out of ammo cause it didn't reload when you pressed R)

- you should be able to select another character to play within the 15 seconds start-up delay of the match

- sometimes these after-the-match scoreboard icons like first blood, best healer, highest kill streak... are completly messed (e.g. ppl getting master-healer when they played whole match pea shooter)

- All-Star tackle is quite imbalanced cause it even hits when the All-Star misses it's victim by bout 1.5 meters (really making the All-Star a noob-char)

- sometimes the final scoreboard flashes and then is empty until you switch the tab-

- sometimes there are players mutet and I cannot unmute them

- sometimes when clicking the switch-team button it disappears without feedback

- on the suburb map the map of the boss mode is off for about one meter north and one meter west

- I keep lagging out in co-op mode thought pvp works fine...? (today I get disconnected even befor I'm able to choose a character)

- the sharp teeth tatoo for the sunflower is red on the inside on the lower lip

that's pretty mutch all so far. I'll add more as soon as I remember.

2014-07-01

Best regards,

PTratoR

PS: quite nice game over all, just needs some serious fixes

EDIT: move this to pc troubleshooting pls, was linked here by google Wink

Message 1 of 15 (935 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Pro

This is great feedback! Although some aren't actually bugs, but I guess they'll decide what is/isn't on their own. Confusedmileyhappy:

IE: Players get heal points counted when they plant Heal Pots, so this does allow for non-sunflowers to go for Heal Master. 

Message 2 of 15 (862 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

>> This is great feedback! Although some aren't actually bugs, but I guess they'll decide what is/isn't on their own. 

>>

>> IE: Players get heal points counted when they plant Heal Pots, so this does allow for non-sunflowers to go for Heal Master. 

>>

Indeed, but how should a pea shooter plant a health pot?

Also saw most-kills icon on wrong place if i remember correctly. There were just all symbols messed.

Just noticed another one:

- when you plant a two-headed sun flower in boss mode and it gets killed quite fast, then the health icon remains on the map for a while

- dead player icons should vanish earlier in boss mode. Exactly then when it's not possible anymore to drop that help-up thing in time

+ on jewel junction there isn't the problem with the invisible map border wall for drones! Standard smile

* the sky limit for drones could also just be higher than the one for players. This would even alow to pilot the drone over buildings (e.g. zomboss villa, jewel junction main building)

Best regards,

PTratoR

PS: I'm glad a staff member came over this and takes it serious. (if that applies for you)

EDIT:

- I'd really like it if it were possible to reassign the healing beam of the sun flower while helping up a team mate. Thought it's rather passive then placing a pot or a potato mine or even spawn and control a drone, it would do well in gameplay.

Message 3 of 15 (836 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Pro

I'm not a staff member. Confusedmileyhappy:

In Garden and Graveyards, players are able to plant pot turrets; one of the options is the Merigold that heals players who stand near it. 

I was just commending you on a good job. Most other posters simply say "This happens it's a bug" but never explains exactly what happens and how.

Good job again.

Message 4 of 15 (819 Views)

★★ Apprentice

>> In Garden and Graveyards, players are able to plant pot turrets; one of the options is the Merigold that heals players who stand near it. 

>>

Yeah I got that already (but too late)

I strongly believe it was a tdm. However that's a quite rare occurance.

So how do I get ea/popcap to read this thread?

Message 5 of 15 (800 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Hey there Trato,

Developers are checking the forums daily, they're reading all the threads. Not posting doesn't mean that they don't care about the players' feedback. Keep up the feedback coming, it really helps game to get improved! I have also moved your thread to Troubleshooting as requested. Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 6 of 15 (796 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Alright Saint and thanks for moving

So you are a staff member now, right?

Best regards,
PTratoR
Message 7 of 15 (789 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

some more:

- sometimes when you help a mate up and die yourself while doing so then the ratch sound gets stuck until respawn (also happens in other situations)

- same with the shooting sound of the garlic drone when it runs out of ammo

- when a mate helps you up and dies himself while doing so it still shows that he's reviving you and when the progress cycle is full it keeps like that with the ratch sound more pinched

- there's no way to see your healing effort when you aren't the best healer of the match (at least in tdm)

-sometimes there's a high pinched noise with nobody's mic/speaker symbol being active

EDIT:

sry for double post. found no way to delete this again...

Ohhhhhh!!! Almost forgot bout one of the most ugly bugs.

- In co-op mode when you die it's quite common that you got no mouse pointer which means that you can't respawn yourself.

* I'd like 1080p menu background and loading screens (but with some good codec, no crapped jpgs!) :D

Message 8 of 15 (766 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

How common is "quite common"?  Only in Co-op you are losing the mouse after?

Message 9 of 15 (755 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

On release day it happend only once for me but today I only played one co-op match and it was everytime the char was dead.
Yes, only in co-op. I guess it got something to do with the lags, which are also the reason why I rarely play it anymore.
It's quite strange but when I try to host a game, then there will join a maximum of one player, who's then going to quit again cause my mic/speaker icon is non-stop flashing (without making any noise, I checked that out)

EDIT:
- when you get retrieved it may happen that you can only see the sky box instead of the retrieve animation (looks similar to the dead drone error) (might be caused by being reanimated befor the enemy face cam finished)
- in boss mode dead pots got an alive icon right befor they vanish (with the empty healh bar)
- there's also the invisible walls for drones problem on the gardens and graveyards maps (you just pilot the drone to a for players reachable place passing 2 metres "out of the map" area and crash them)

- when you shoot a glass bottle with cactus ammo then the bottle breaks and the spike sticks in the air

* I'd like the bottle to break and the spike to pass through with dealing lowered damage Standard smile

- I experience it's getting more common that players keep their chars standing around being afk and let them die spawn for spawn

* a partial fix I suggest would be to start a timer when the window loses focus (and maybe wait for the char being alive) and when it got to twenty seconds it checks for the focus. no focus = client side disconnect (this way there wouldn't even be need for a server side afk check) (ofc this doesn't fix ppl being afk petting their phones)

- playing with maximized window (not fullscreen) makes the final screen look really crapped (at least for tdm, full hd, win7 default task bar (40px hight) and scheme)

- dieing while using ads as camo cactus dosn't zoom out till face cam

- the armor snapper's "breakfast" upgrade doesn't increase health (150hp befor and after) or I just don't get what it'sgood for

- There should be at least two different bomb carrier noises depending on which team or class is carrying the bomb

- when you zoom in with camo cactus it takes a few moments to finish zooming but as soon as zooming starts you already got the fully slowed mouse speed

* I'd like it to be aliquot to how far you already zoomed in (makes it less impossible to hit enemies who stand right in front of you and allows kinda quick scoping by  giving you more precision) (that would make this char much more skillable resulting in it will become a pro-gamer char! Standard smile )

I thought bout reporting this one or not cause I like it but here you go:

+ being some less metres away  from one of those violet smog clouds as carmo cactus alows you to look through the fog by using ads (could also be seen as feature similar to night vision)

Message 10 of 15 (751 Views)