[READ FIRST] - Known issues, links, guides and FAQs

by EA_Andy

Original Post

[READ FIRST] - Known issues, links, guides and FAQs

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Hello everyone! 

Below is a list of the most frequent questions, links and guides relating to Plants v Zombies: Garden Warfare 2.

If you have found a bug that would require developer intervention then please go ahead and post it in this forum. Otherwise you can post in our technical board for further assistance.

In-game issues and common questions

• Do I need PS+ or XBOX Live Gold to play this game?

If you want to play multiplayer, i.e anything that involves playing with another player online you will need PS+ for PS4 or XBOX Live Gold for XBOX One. If you want to play solo you will still need an internet connection but do not require PS+/XBOX Live gold.

• Pre-order / Deluxe rewards

Please take a look at this guide on how to download the content on XBOX One and how you can collect it in-game on any platform.

• Importing characters from PvZ: GW1

The Deadine to transfer characters from PvZ:GW1 to PvZ:GW2 has passed.

• How to promote characters

This awesome video by ZEROxFUSIONZ shows exactly how you can promote your characters

Spoiler
  • What are stars in PvZ: GW2
Spoiler
Stars are earned by completing daily Plant or Zombie quests. When you look at a quest on the quest board, you’ll see how many Stars you can receive for completing it.

Standard missions reward 3 to 5 shards, if a mission has lots of stars as a reward (and a yellow exclamation point) it could be quite a challenge to complete.
You can use your Stars to unlock chests, clear debris, enter special areas or to enchant gardens or tombstones.

How you spend your Stars is up to you, but with new quests available every day, there is no shortage of ways for you to earn them.

Technical Issues

• Minimum system requirements
Spoiler
minimum specs.png
  •  Please update your intel drivers
Spoiler
If you are receiving this error message it's likely because the game is trying to run on an onboard intel chip which doesn't meet the minimum system requirements for the game.

If you are using a laptop which has a dedicated Nvidia graphics card please check out this article which will help you enable this.
  • Connection issues

We have several awesome articles that will provide you with troubleshooting for connection issues on PC, PS4 and XBOX One. I've listed them all below.

Basic connection troubleshooting

Advanced troubleshooting - PC

Advanced troubleshooting - PS4

Advanced troubleshooting - XBOX One

• Split-screen game modes crashing (XBOX One EA Access)

Please take a look at this post which provides details of an issue with split-screen causing crashing. This only affects players using the 10 hour trial on EA Access on XBOX One. 

Known Issues

Keep in mind that this thread is a work-in-progress. If you think anything should be changed, added or removed please let me know. 

- Andy -

Message 1 of 1 (25,025 Views)