Re: Plants vs zombies garden warfare 2 - There is a problem with your games setu

by BabyYodaBum

Original Post

Plants vs zombies garden warfare 2 - There is a problem with your games setup.

★★★ Newbie

Game Pass Ultimate owner trying to install Plant VS Zombies Garden Warfare 2 on a brand new PC running Windows 11 Home [ Machine meets all the recommended specs for this game ] Grabbed it from the Xbox app which installs the EA app. Accounts all synced up and verified. The user license agreement indicates Direct X and C++ Redistributables for 20212 so downloaded the latest for both in hopes of correcting the problem. Everything gets downloaded and looks like it is ready to go. but when i try to launch the game i instantly get the message " There is a problem with your game setup"

Tried to run as ADMIN

Tried to repair download as well as uninstalled and repaired the game

Verified permissions are correct on folder to allow read write modify for the user logged in

Made sure Windows 11 and video drivers are up to date.

Other games are working except for this one game.. and i am not sure what it could be that is causing it not to open up correctly.

Message 1 of 7 (2,345 Views)

Re: Plants vs zombies garden warfare 2 - There is a problem with your games setu

★★★ Newbie
@Ojida11 I have a brand new laptop as well, also running Windows 11 Home, and having the exact same problem. My son was looking forward to playing this game - I hope there's a solution to this problem.
Message 2 of 7 (2,326 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Had this issue as well, also a brand new laptop. Tried all the steps you mentions (thanks btw). One difference was that I have it from steam.

What ended up working for me was installing the origin app instead of the EA app. I happened to have an old setup.exe file on another computer.

Message 3 of 7 (2,289 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@codingant Finally figured out my issue - I installed the following 2013 C++ redistributable - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784

This did the trick, apparently 2012 was changed with 2013..
Message 4 of 7 (2,279 Views)

PVZ GW2 connection issue

★★★ Newbie

it’s been happening a few days now, whenever I try to connect to online play it says I don’t have the correct permissions. Can someone please help me?

Message 5 of 7 (2,129 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Ojida11 checkout @codignant This worked for me too
Message 6 of 7 (2,032 Views)

★★★ Newbie

how did you install that on windows 11?

Message 7 of 7 (1,443 Views)