Plants vs Zombies GW2 load times on Series X have dramatically increased

by budkin

Original Post

Re: Plants vs Zombies GW2 load times on Series X have dramatically increased

★★★ Newbie

I just found this thread after a month of waiting for it to get better. Just bought this game last month and have a new Xbox Series X. This game has terrible load times. I have 5 other games and this load time is 5+ minutes. When my boys get into game and open split screen, it is another 3 mins load time. 

happened Saturday 9/24 @ 3pm pacific and again 9/25 at 6:30 pm pacific. I have not noticed a difference based on time of day. Always the same delayed load time.

thanks 

Message 51 of 83 (1,858 Views)

Community Manager

Hello, everyone.

We have not been able to reproduce this issue here. If you have any additional information, please update this thread with it. If you happen to have any video, that may help as well.

Aljo.png
Message 52 of 83 (1,840 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You want video of what? It sitting at the load screen for all eternity?  I’m in the same boat as all the others here, new Series X, and 2 boys who drive me up the wall asking why it takes so long to load their new game. 

Message 53 of 83 (1,810 Views)

Community Manager

@Lichslayer475 

I know it sounds like a weird request, but it's possible this could help us reproduce this issue.

As a test, could you try connecting to a wireless hotspot and let me know if you still experience this?

Aljo.png
Message 54 of 83 (1,795 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having exactly the same issue, the initial load into the game is approx 3-5 minutes load. I'm on a Series X, and I've also tried with the exact same issue using the Xbox GamePass Ultimate Game stream feature from my PC to a cloud xbox. So its not an issue with my internet or hardware.

Message 55 of 83 (1,730 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Aljo I've PMd you regarding video evidence. Thanks.
Message 56 of 83 (1,619 Views)

Community Manager

Hello, everyone. At this time, we're aware of this issue, but I don't have any new details on a resolution. If we have an update, there will be an announcement on our official channels. 

Aljo.png
Message 57 of 83 (1,593 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just wanted to confirm that it's happening for me as well. My son just installed Plants VS Zombies and the load times are so long I thought something was wrong with my connection. However, all other games are fine, and I've done all the recommended troubleshooting like power cycling etc. 

Message 58 of 83 (1,528 Views)

★★★ Novice

This is happening for me too. Go to open the game and it takes at least 4 mins to load in the same way as others have described. Screen splash then black screen then after the’ connecting to EA servers’ comes up it stays on that screen for ages before starting. Running it on an Xbox series x on internal drive. Tried ask the solutions mentioned in this thread but no change.

Message 59 of 83 (1,480 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi, happens on our series s and X. What we do is simply hit the middle controller button (eg to bring up the Xbox GUI/main menu) then cancel again. That seems to kick the game into action and the flower changes into the taco/pre load etc.

I usually wait about the same time as I used to on the one X, then do the above Standard smile

Message 60 of 83 (1,296 Views)