Plants vs Zombies GW2 load times on Series X have dramatically increased

by budkin

Original Post

Plants vs Zombies GW2 load times on Series X have dramatically increased

★★★★ Novice

When my son first downloaded the game on Game Pass a couple weeks ago. It used to take about 30 seconds max for the game to load. Then one day last week it started taking at least 3-4 minutes for the game to start, often pausing on a completely black screen and then continuing to load after the "Contacting EA servers" prompt went away. We've tried clearing cache and even reinstalling the game with no resolution. Other backwards compatible games don't seem to have this long load issue.

Message 1 of 83 (18,183 Views)

Re: Plants vs Zombies GW2 load times on Series X have dramatically increased

Community Manager

Hi there, @budkin.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this. I'd like you to power cycle your equipment with the following steps: unplug your modem, router and console. After 2 minutes plug in the modem and router. Let them come back online completely. Then plug in your console and start it up. Let me know if that helps or not. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 83 (18,117 Views)

★ Expert
@EA_Aljo No, this is a wide issue that needs to be looked into. Happening for me also on Series S.
Message 3 of 83 (18,104 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Aljo Confirming that this doesn't help. It's definitely software related.
Message 4 of 83 (18,075 Views)

★ Expert
@budkin Same thing happened on Call of Duty and it took a month to fix so I'm not holding my breath for this game, just start the game, get a coffee or beer and come back I guess.
Message 5 of 83 (18,070 Views)

★★ Guide

@EA_Aljo Have exactly the same problem on my spanking new XBox X.

Could it be server related or is it just a lack of maintenance seeing that the game is no longer supported? 
Message 6 of 83 (18,014 Views)

Community Manager

@PerniciousPea 

Those servers are still up and running with players on them so I'm not seeing any issues on our end currently. Do you have the game installed on an internal or external hard drive?

Aljo.png
Message 7 of 83 (18,012 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@EA_Aljo I've done this several times. I've also totally re-downloaded the game. I've had load times over 5 minutes. The OP describes what is happening to me exactly. (wired Xbox Series X)
Message 8 of 83 (17,956 Views)

Community Manager

@imdtarget 

Let's see if alternate DNS settings will help. From the Xbox One screen, go to Settings > Network > Advanced settings > DNS settings > Manual. (If Settings doesn't appear on the home screen, select My Games & Apps, then Settings). From there, enter the Primary DNS as "208.67.222.222" and the Secondary DNS as "208.67.220.220". If that doesn't help, try using the google DNS servers which are: primary alt number 8.8.8.8 - secondary alt number 8.8.4.4. Let me know how it goes. Thank you.

Aljo.png
Message 9 of 83 (17,949 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I also have an Xbox One X and the game loads on it as it always has.

Message 10 of 83 (17,948 Views)