by fishfishcro

Original Post

Re: Plants vs Zombies GW2 load times on Series X have dramatically increased

★★★ Newbie
@budkin This is a major bummer for such a kids friendly game
Message 71 of 83 (2,060 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Very true! Great kids game especially with the low buy in price during the Xbox co-op sale. Just wish the load times were better. Hoping that EA gets a solution soon as they should see a small uptick in sales due to the current low price. Definitely would get some more play sesssions with the kiddos with quicker load times.

Message 72 of 83 (1,868 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Is EA actually trying to debug this? Or is this parked on a low priority curiosity shelf indefinitely? 
I feel like it takes even longer to load now.. the black screen is horrible and then the real loading screen hangs forever.
 Nothing suggested on any prior posts have helped. 

Message 73 of 83 (1,719 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yo I started replaying Garden Warfare 2 a few weeks ago after years of not playing it and yeah these load times are long and my brother’s Xbox One X is way faster than my Series X in loading and also can anyone even play Turf Takeover??? It just kicks me out every time I try and play but other game modes work. And i seem to not even be gaining any stars for quest I do 

Message 74 of 83 (1,705 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Typical I T type response " hey dummies did you turn it off an back on?" It's a known issue

It's probably never going to be fixed.

Message 75 of 83 (1,634 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I did all of the "solutions" mentioned, nothing helped. When my Xbox Series X was brand new it ran smoothly as any other game did, booted up quite fast. Less than a minute. Now it takes exactly four minutes on the dot to load the game, when it doesn't get stuck on blank or rather black screen with nothing else running on my console. I timed it. And that's best case scenario I'm talking about, sometimes it loads much longer.

And yes I did the factory reset of my X, didn't help. I uninstalled the game, reinstalled it, didn't help. Bought the game from Microsoft store and installed it - you've guessed it - didn't help. It's installed on internal ssd with velocity infrastructure and it shouldn't be the game that loads the longest as it isn't even the biggest (size wise) in my library. Everything else loads blazing fast as it should on a brand new piece of hardware, but not PvZ GW2. Apparently this is a known issue for well over a year now and nothing has been done to reconcile it. It is really a deterrent for new players and even the old ones when your "most powerful console in the world" gets stuck on not the biggest nor the most graphically challanging game.

Edit: GamePass Ultimate user here. Don't know if that's relevant to anything but in the first two months it ran quite smoothly. Also my timezone is GMT and the issue is persistant no matter the time of day or anything else. If the console had been shut down completely or just in standby mode - 4 minutes or longer. Did some of the files get corrupt over time and if so, why did factory reset had no effect?

Message 76 of 83 (1,550 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My next question is, how do we go about getting refunds for purchases spent on a game that they won’t fix?  The game worked great when it first hit Series X, so we loaded up on offers etc.. and then a few weeks later it all went downhill.  EA needs to pay back those users like me who got roped into a bad deal.

Message 77 of 83 (1,521 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

@Lichslayer475 wrote:

My next question is, how do we go about getting refunds for purchases spent on a game that they won’t fix?  The game worked great when it first hit Series X, so we loaded up on offers etc.. and then a few weeks later it all went downhill.  EA needs to pay back those users like me who got roped into a bad deal.

well, technically the game still works. after it loads forever but it works. so even I validate your oppinion on this you did not get roped. sorry.

also to the EA people watching this topic: try installing the game and revisiting it on a same machine a month later. you will be able to reproduce the problem.

Message 78 of 83 (1,491 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Even on Cloud Gaming it takes a really long time to load. Sad as the game itself is very enjoyable

Message 79 of 83 (1,167 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Aljo This is why things never get fixed. Because you have 12 year Olds telling gamers of 30 years to, "unplug it and plug it back in." Despite being given the exact nature of the problem, specifics and details making it very obvious that a hard reset will have no effect on EA cutting the servers to games older than 5 years. Cuz they suck.
Message 80 of 83 (902 Views)